Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

watched more vilpu on modelling form. at this point its hard to get the most out of what he is teaching as my anatomy knowledge has become a limiting factor. anyway, heres a study of davinci I did along with the video, and then the modelling form assignment

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Changed the pose a bit and tried to flip the lighting and change it a lot to make sure I didnt copy the picture. I just started making stuff up at some point because I dont know enough anatomy or have enough figure drawing under my belt to properly analyse what is going on and play up forms. Anyway, it was a fun 20 minutes.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#29 followed Vilpu’s directional light lecture. I took and extra 5 minutes on the 20 minute assignment. I have to say, I’m quite happy with it tbh. Also, these were some videos that filled in basic gaps in my knowledge and it was nice to have that penny drop feeling when you’ve not learned something so simple. gotta love it. I might go over it again soon just to solidify what I learned. I feel like he would be proud of the booty cheek fold I added onto the model for some compression. Also, Can we get Vilpu T-shirts with one of his quippy lines on it  made please? “FEEL THE FORM!”

tobstobs
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks amazing!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@tobiasgruba thanks!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day#30

okay I watched the vilpu lesson on atmosphere and gave it a go. It didnt go well, I think I ruined it when I brought pen into it but then tried to save it by bringing an ultramarine watercolour pencil into the mix to dampen the contrast. I think Ill have to practice this more, Im gonna leave it for today though because I’m not a huge fan of the effect in the first place.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

this mixed media attempt was just a total mess and I abandoned it after 15 minutes.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day#31

so I tried to go over Rey Bustos’ anatomy lecture of the lower leg again. I did this by sketching from observation a 1/3 scale desktop skeleton the lower leg. I then used tracing paper to overlay the muscles on top. It didnt really work out that great, the model I have isnt very accurate but I guess its okay for ballpark stuff. I think I need to watch other anatomy lectures to make this information actually viable in an observational or imaginative drawing situation as opposed to diagramming. I’m gonna try glenn vilpus videos on the gesture drawing course as that is the course I’ve been completing lately, after that I might try Illia’s lecture. I kinda wanted to do his course from start to end though because Im interested in the difference of the method overall too. I guess I’ll just take what I need right now and then go back to the start when Im not in the middle of studying anything in particular. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by AlexAlex.
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.