Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#32 I was doing Ray Bustos’ anatomy course but I felt like I wasnt getting how to apply the volumes out of it but he breaks down the information into nice easy to remember morsels. I’ve started the Russian approach to figure drawing as it looks to have good videos on constructing the figure and detailed information about the volumes of the muscles and how they insert and interact. I skimmed through the fundamentals part and decided to start on the planes of the head lesson as all of the fundamentals portion is stuff I have already covered. So basically my plan is to follow this and also fulfil Rey Bustos’s course as well in between. This is how far I have got with the planes of the head, finding it quite hard to do the nose really. I’ll pick it up and finish it tomorrow. also, I didnt like the photo reference provided because the planes of the head were shrouded in shadow making the exercise basically pointless, so I got my own reference from an app where you can move the lights round etc.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by AlexAlex.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by AlexAlex.
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#33 well I pushed the chin and mouth to the left a bit thinking it was wrong, now looking at it scanned in Ive realised it was right and now I need to put it back. how annoying.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

this is the reference im using

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think maybe I fixed it, I looked at it in a mirror and made some changes. Im gonna let my eyes rest and come back to it though.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

anyone got a link to some decent Asaro head reference? I think I will do one of the Asaro head as well just because it has better defined planes.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

today’s effort. work in progress, gonna work the planes back in, then rework the darks, then start bringing the highlights back out tomorrow. following the russian academic course. I have most of the bones of the head memorised and even some names of foramen and eminence.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Im finished with this skull drawing for now. Im not very happy with the temporal bone transitioning into the parietal bone area, but I think I will work on that at a later date. Im going to label it up and stuff as well because my girlfriend is a med student and she wants to frame it with the bones labelled. doesnt really matter but I hope its decently accurate! :’D

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think you did a great job! I’m also currently working through the Russian Academic Course and have almost finished the skull lesson. I agree that it was challenging to get the transition from the temporal bone to the parietal bone to read correctly, but you seem to have handled it very well. (You gave me an idea, too, about framing one of my skull drawings for my son who is a med student!) As far as a decent Asaro head reference, I found a 3D Model on Sketchfab.com. Awesome job on your 100 Day Challenge so far!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks jan, hope the course is going well for you

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#36 a skull study from life. currently a work in progress.

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very nice Alex

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@elizabethhone thank you, I saw youre also doing the course. you seem to be handling it better than myself. Im finding myself completely bored doing these skull assignments, the idea of doing six skulls from reference then 6 from imagination is just putting me off picking up the pencil at all.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#37 constructed skulls with reference. these are pretty bad because instead of using sight measurements or pencil measurements I was trying to start looking at the reference less and use the points Illya taught to construct the skull. I tried a few different ways and tried combining it with vilpu and steves teaching as there really isnt any difference between the way illya does it and the way they do it when you really think about it, its just adding more shapes and complicating it more.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

6 skulls from imagination. I ended up figuring out how to plot the points of the skull in a cube so that helped a bunch. Im going to complete the drawabox course after this as I have already started it and I can see how the drawabox method would compliment the russian academic approach hand in glove.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.