Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

That is great Alex, I agree with you the more variety in subjects to draw the better.  I am not there yet, but I am working on it. At the moment I am focusing on figure and portrait as part of my second 100 day challenge. That alone fills up my daily art time. After the challenge ends which is towards the end of the next month I plan to follow the learning path program that Joshua and NMA team created. Actually these are drafts, they are still working on them, but they are sufficiently clear in their intent. The dynamic sketching is somewhere on that path. I will just follow the program starting from the beginning. What I already covered in past courses I won’t just skip over, I will review it, and anything I missed, now will be the time to learn and cover it. There seem to be finally some method to the madness and structure to the learning.

Thanks a lot for the references you created! And I yes I did receive the dynamic sketching PDF’s you emailed me, that was very nice of you. Thank you very much!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

What medium do you use for these drawings? It looks really good and impactful, especially with white highlights and also goes well with the toned paper of your sketchbook.

I think that front wheels perspective is a bit off. It should be more like the rear wheels ellipse, major axis perpendicular to the wheel shaft axis.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@gordanknezic hi gordon, I know about the wheels being off, I was doing the whole thing freehand in pen as part of dynamic sketching exercises, not much you can do when you get the ellipse wrong in pen, I put the wheels on last so wasnt much I could do about it other than start from scratch.

The materials are, white gel pen, white colour pencil, copic ciao 5+1 marker set, fine liner 0.3 and 0.5, and a pentel brush pen. The sketchbook is just an acid free scrapbook from paperchase.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

so hard drawing in pen only. luckily I was able to detract from some of the mistakes by varying line quality with the brush pen and adding in foliage to disguise some mistakes. again, the wheels are unfortunately a mess. Ive got some ellipse guides coming though so I should be able to clean wheels up better in future, or just have place holders for them and then whip the ellipse guides out at the end.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

well Ive definitely committed more than 100 days of 2020 to art but I wont finish this thread in time. I will finish it out though and hopefully have more consistent art habits going into 2021. I had to take a break from it and spend some time with my family, just getting a bit much and putting too much pressure on myself. anyway, heres a pen sketch of an aston martin

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Alex,
    Wow, just checked out your challenge, (I’ve been away for a while). Really amazing! You’re taking on so many different areas and really knocking it out of the park!

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Alex just looked through your challenge, really like your drawings especially the cars 👍

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@pauldidier Thanks Paul! I take a few different courses at the same time and timetable it out like Im taking classes at school. @CurtisHeyes thasnks man, Ive been working on them a bit lately, theyre possibly the hardest subject to draw outside the human anatomy! very complex curves in perspective etc

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#80 Ive been learning how to use Gravity Skecth the past few days and Im working on making a car model. Here’s what Ive managed so far.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#81 yesterdays work

did more work on the body and some of the undercarriage. not sure how detailed I want to make this thing really. just trying to learn a bit.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#82 todays work on the model

I wish I had better refence for the underside and wheels looked. its going slow but ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.