Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#69 more quick bug sketches

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

more dynamic sketching

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

kinda struggling with the placement of the hips. also have become unsure about twist and pinch for some reason. doing constructions to try to help by using the angles of the landmarks.

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are amazing sketches. How long do you spend per day drawing?

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@ravenkushner thank you! as much time as possible. probably around 6+ hours lately. its not really about the amount of time that is important though, more the consistency and the quality of the time spent, Im mostly just completing courses and tasks when I sit down to do art, I break it up into different topics and chunk out the time I plan to spend on each in order to keep it fresh and keep my attention consistent. I do waste some time though admittedly, its hard to stay focused.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Alex these drawings look great, they are unbelievable! Very interesting and engaging! Did you draw them from imagination and where did you learn the skeleton structure?

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@gordanknezic Hi Gordan, these arent from imagination. I could probably draw a few of them at most angles from memory now though if I set the perspective up. Theyre some assignments I set myself from following the dynamic sketching book. did you receive the link I sent you by email? also, the reference I used is from pinterest, Ill post links to the boards I created here for you if you get round to learning dynamic sketching. basically I set myself the homework of filling at least 6 pages for the topics in the book. so the topics are botanical, insects, natural history, modern animals, cars, military vehicles, planes. I think the idea is to just broaden the skills and train the eye to be able to draw more subjects. hope this helps!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.