Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 100 day art challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#55 more ribcage anatomy stuff

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

starting to get it. starting to be able to see the ribcage when looking at models (photos at least).

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Terrific work, Alex! You’ve covered a lot of ground recently, and you’ve obviously made a lot of progress using the construction approach. I agree it is a game changer. The ribcage studies are great, and your perspective studies are especially impressive! Perspective is an area I need to address but I’ve been avoiding it. The anatomy studies are fun for me and don’t require straight lines or grids LOL, but I realize that even for portraiture an understanding of perspective is essential. Thanks for the inspiration and reference suggestions. I always learn something from your thread!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@janstannard Hi again Jan, thanks, youre always so complimentary! yes, I try to cover ground quickly so I can round out my fundamentals and then loop back on myself and retake classes. I am trying to cover the fundamentals in a 2 year period, the structure I am loosely following is spending a month on each topic breakdown as given by radiorunner on his thread curriculum for the solo artist. It is not actually that but a curriculum Marc Brunet gave me, but this is pretty close. you can view it on Imgur here,

https://imgur.com/gallery/RXJ2nmH

most paid content on the list can be substituted with NMA content. A lot of the perspective stuff looks to be covered on the NMA course but I havent watched any of it because I have some solid resources already and I dont want to tackle 111 HOURS of video content right now.

anyway, hope this helps.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#56 learning to see and place the scapula.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

scapula studies

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#57 pecs

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

would just like to note, a top Vilppuu tip. The scapula, clavicle, and sternum, believe it or not, all one measurement. this measurement also gives the width of scapula and the distance of them apart.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

58 rushed this a bit because I just wanted to finish this exercise as Im bored. will move on to tracings of muscle groups on photos, then drawing muscles on 3d model of skeleton.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great studies as always! I appreciate the link to the Radiorunner Curriculum. It seems like a perfect structure for me as I try to catch up on fundamentals. Back when I was in college the focus was all on creative work, but the rules were never taught. I think the randomness of his program is a good approach. I tend to do what he terms “mad drilling” for long periods of time!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@janstannard @joshuajocobo has started making a track system for learning fundamentals in correct order using NMA resources too, its on the discord as a txt. document. I also faced the same problem in art school.

https://discord.com/channels/699135570491867138/755836607814434916/766829891383328779

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by AlexAlex.
    JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Perfect! Thanks!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.