Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
     Peihong Jiang Peihong Jiang
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

ok I guess everyone’s human after all. 😛

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the input again. So in order to figure out what I was missing. I think I’d add that the bicep has two heads and the insertion point of tricep is not exactly accurate. And there’s one more chunk of serratus anterior.

I think I am spending too much time on anatomy. 😛

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 18. Thanks for watching. I’m rendering this tomorrow

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great start 👏🏻 keep the momentum going 💪🏻

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@andregirao-tauffer @bryanmccabe Thanks! ^^

Day 17: I’m busy today and will render tomorrow.

@joshuajacobo  I think I’ve said too many times in this thread that the source is morpho so I’ll stop repeating myself.  https://www.amazon.com/Morpho-Anatomy-Artists-Michel-Lauricella/dp/1681983745

I don’t think it was meant to replace Goldfinger or any scientific anatomy book and I think it might be more of a drawing book. And some of the muscle it omits for demo purpose, for example the first plate. One the other hand even Bammes has mistakes, so yeah, I really appreciate your input and I’ll take every sources’ word with discretion and hopefully, I’ll eventually figure out what’s wrong.

It might be too much to ask a book to be 100% correct, by combining multiple sources, I hope it eventually is going to be ok. I guess it’s fine if it is not ok for now,  because I am a researcher who have the tendency to obsess over technical details and becoming way too intense for anything I do in my life.  TBH drawing is also my major source of activity to distract myself from the source of stress per discussion with psych professionals, so I don’t intend to make it one of those sources for now. I just spend 2 hours trying to do more research about torso anatomy. That is a bad trend for me. So yeah, I’ll let it go. Thanks for understanding. ^^

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19:  Initially I drew the construction of the 3D model. but now I realized it was only half of the reference photo. The reference photo was kind of dark.

Will eventually correct and render.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20: u made it to day 20. r u ok? 😀

Was busy filing some stuff today so I’ll finish this up tomorrow. Change stuff here and there. I was actually trying to get my hashmark organized this time.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21: ummm, sometimes, I don’t know what I am getting myself into. There are couple of parts I’m not totally happy with but I’m not going to keep struggling on this. The major problem was that the drawing was kind of small for too much detail and a 3B pencil. I had to go to something harder at the end so that had more control. Definitely take a break from rendering tomorrow. 😛

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22: Very loosely drawn leg bones.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23 . 5 minutes counts right?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24: Busy with work today. So you know, why not, do some silhouette/light and shadow exercise. I think I’m looking at the details too much for now, and it is a good time to take a break and just look at the form as a whole once in a while.

I’ll probably start the anatomy of legs over the weekend.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25: same as yesterday. This is surprisingly helpful?

Marta KitkaMarta Kitka
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It’s great to see your value studies!  I think that in some cases they can be harder than „normal” drawings because of strick shadow shapes they require. But as I see you chose even harder version than me because you are using only two values!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@martakitka Thanks for visiting and yup ^^. Rumor says that 2 value exercise is helpful for 2D illustration.

For some reason it is not showing. so here’s day 26-27. Yesterday I started writing a post but I forgot to submit??

edit: the shadow around the kneecap to its left should be darker.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28, I didn’t like the rendering from yesterday as it feels not resolved. So I went back to fix it. Then I did an exercise on the type of pose that I am not comfortable with.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.