Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
     Peihong Jiang Peihong Jiang
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29. I’m busy recently and I didn’t feel like starting a new rendered drawing homework from the course. But let’s just do something small rather than nothing. So I copied some plates. How to draw bent legs from various angles and How it connects to the torso is always a big challenge for me.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30. Still busy. but I started the side view of the leg.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31. Made progress on the side view. Will probably finish this tomorrow.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 32: I think I’ll finish up this side view tomorrow and starting the back view as well. The reason why I’m ignoring the foot is that my current setup is really limited, I only have a drawing board this big, and the paper is two sheets of rough newsprint which I made sure that they were still connected at the glue binding when I tore them from the pad. 😀 anyways. I think it is a good practice to stare at this for long enough, regardless of how bad the rendering is.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work. Remember that from the side the lower leg steps backwards from the thigh. The knee is the transition, not a bulge on a straight line.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@joshuajacobo 😀 I thought it was weird and that’s why! 30 days in my patience is gradually worn out.

Day 33-34 I sort of finished the leg and the newsprint paper was a pain in the butt. So I finally ordered some legit drawing paper. The thing is, with the speed I’m using up paper, I’d finish them up before my move across country anyways. :’D

Participant
    No badges. No points.

And Today is day 35. Recently I really had some trouble opening the site and posting.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work! It wasn’t you. Our site was having issues yesterday.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@joshuajacobo glad it’s back to normal now!

Day 36

Two arm bones.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 37

One arm bone

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38: arm 1

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 39 one arm and two arms.

Hah tomorrow I think I’ll actually finish the arm part and start working on the skull.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Stellar work! I really need to study the arm too.

One thing I’ve noticed is that some of these look like they are in perspective. If so great job 👏🏻 if not it might help to double check your measurements. I tend to loose them when i start adding forms. I think it’s because I get attached to my pencil marks and neglect my eraser lol

But again these are great! Keep going!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@danieldaigle maybe both? On the one hand I measured but didn’t try too hard, on the other hand, the paper sort of looked wobbly I kinda remember taking a picture them on top of my comforter and my camera viewpoint was probably creating some sort of distortion. It looked ok (but still loads to improve) in real life. Anyways, I’ll measure harder next time! cheers!

Day 40: I’m finally done with arms

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 41-45, I actually, drew a bunch, including copying plates, fixing my perspectives, quick studies, but I didn’t post lol.

Amazon is agonizingly slow these days and my pad of actual drawing paper finally arrived yesterday. Lol, it actually feels so much better to draw on drawing paper than my newsprint or toned sketchbook. I wish I realized that earlier. ..

Day 46. I started working on the plane of the head project. Shapes will be finalized before rending tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.