Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Peihong’s 100 day Challenge – diving deep into anatomy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
     Peihong Jiang Peihong Jiang
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 9:

on the left: another angle of the ribcage. I got a new can of pencil!!!Lol oh man I do think 3B is much easier to control than 6B.

Tomorrow I’ll do some wrapping up studies of the torso and the ribcage. Yay.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 10. The clavicles. So the biggest lesson today, is to make sure the shape is correct before rendering. See that I went back and corrected the shape, and I still don’t think it is 100% accurate. So the rendering became muddy.

Uhhhh anatomy is hard.

ZHI SUZHI SU
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Agree. Anatomy is hard, but you are doing well. Keep up the good work!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@zhisu  thanks! will do!

Day 10; scapula I think my rendering skill might have improved. 😀

Dana SmithDana Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice! That scapula looks great. The highlights really pop.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ha so now I cant modify it. Now I think my clavicles are still too long on the right. I forgot to measure that part!

@danasmith Thanks ^^

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11. 2nd angle. Didn’t spend too much time rendering, just to get a feel for the form.

100 day is long. keep on going.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Well done. I might consider darkening the cast shadow coming off of the spine because it would help emphasize that we are looking down at the shoulder girdle. Great thread! Keep it up!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@joshuajacobo Yes I think you are absolutely right. I put it there in the first place and I think some of it got wiped away by my hand while I was rending and I didn’t darken it again.

Day 12:

So I was zooming with friends for too long and now really tired. Only did some small scale plate copying & drawing without rendering. Only the 2nd drawing on the left was from the 3D viewer, The others are plate studies from Morpho.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13: am really busy preparing for a meeting. So I just drew the shape and will complete the rendering tomorrow, maybe with a few more plate copies from morpho.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13, I rendered it.  I might have gotten better at rendering. or so I think…?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think my major complaint is that the chin could be a tad bit wider. And the cast shadow under the trapezoid darker. Or just use a pencil softer than 3B next time for those. And that was day 14. So I’m almost at 1/7 of the challenge!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes to my eyes the rendering on the last one does seem to bring together the drawing as a whole much better than the ones before.

Good stuff. Gonna follow this.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@shazadmadon Thanks! Please check back 😛

Day 15: I did some plate copies from morpho. Those ar the twisting and turning stuff I don’t learn by drawing 3D models.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

okkk so I’m supposed to write paper today but I spent too much time playing around. And there’s no anatomy today 😛

Anyway. Here’s to my friend Chemex ( a coffee maker), I accidentally killed him one night when I was in the kitchen. I was drinking water and when I lowered the cup I hit my Chemex so it’s broken and dead now.

RIP my Chemex. :P. I planted some green onion in it.

Material: procreate on iPad pro

I’m not a hundred percent happy with it yet. Suggestions are welcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.