Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Dear Paul hope you are recovering good and can draw soon. Best wishes.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Okay, I’m going to try to finish this challenge. It’s been over four months! Don’t want to bore everyone with details. Had surgery that was much more challenging than expected, then my wife received a difficult diagnosis that I’ve been spending all my time helping with, (nothing Covid related). Things are improving and looking very good.

So I’m picking up where I left off. I may do what Jaylene’s doing and start another 100 day challenge when this one’s done.

So here’ day 76.

Ink sketchbook page. Started with pen and ink, then switched to brush and ink for the last three. Trying to get back into a rhythm. Gotten pretty rusty.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Welcome back Paul 🙂! Sorry to hear things haven’t been easy in y0ur world and I hope things keep looking up for y0u both. It’s good to see you back in the challenge!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Deborah,
    I’ve really missed everyone here and having the challenge to keep me centered. I need to catch up on your, and everyone else’s, challenge, most of which I’m assuming are long completed. Forgive me if I comment on your efforts from months ago!

My sketching is quite stiff but hoping it’ll get better soon.

Here’s my gouache from yesterday. Working on my page for today which I’ll post later.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s day 78 ink sketches. Still stiff. Gonna keep trying.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Trying to get back into the rhythm. The gouache is taking a lot longer. Here’s my day 79 gouache study, but I only had time to put in the initial lay in. I’ll finish it tomorrow.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s day 80 ink sketch.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s my Day 81 gouache.It’s the image from day 79 taken further. Still needs work. Will probably work on it some more. Just trying to keep moving and not get stuck in the “noodling” phase which is one of my major weaknesses.

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Hey Paul,

Awesome to see that you have taken up the baton again and are running with this challenge again.  Beautiful work as usual, well done!

For my own challenge I hope to resume soon – I’ve been massively waylaid by a house move.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy holidays.

Best wishes,

David.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi David,
    Thanks for the nice words. How long have you been away from the challenge? About 4 months for me. Boy did I miss it and the other artists. Plus, I really got rusty! As for the surgery, I’m doing better but the physical therapists love adding painful exercises as soon as I begin to feel less sore!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s my Sketchbook page for Day 82 from 2 days ago. Boy, back on the challenge less than a week and I’m already falling behind! Will try to catch up tomorrow and Christmas day. I’m also thinking I might go in with white ink or charcoal on this one. If so I’ll repost it.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s day 83. Took a couple of days off for Christmas with the family. As I mentioned on the last post, I decided to go in with charcoal and gouache to add highlights to that page.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 84.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s the first stage of a gouache study for day 85. Will finish it for day 87.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s day 86. Decided to do some foot studies and was reminded I need to do a lot more foot studies! I’ve always found feet harder to draw than hands. Will revisit this subject.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 348 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.