Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Paul,

These are beautiful! Following this thread.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 87. My gouache study from day 85 taken farther. Seeing it scanned and reduced, I definitely need to lighten the light areas.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Day 88 from yesterday. Tried to post it last night but for some reason the sight went down. Still having trouble getting loose.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 89.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 90. Once again, I’m doing my gouache study in two days. Gouache is such a struggle for me. I’d hoped to be farther along with it at this point but apparently I’m going to have to make it part of my second 100 day challenge. These initial lay in stages need to go much faster than they are.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Wow Paul, your gouaches are wild! I love this squirrel! Was it based on a photo or imagination?

Your lay in stage looks like my final piece. Waiting to see the next stages

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Andre,
    Thanks for the comment. It’s from a photo I took of a squirrel in a natural history museum. I didn’t like the color though. Not sure if it was the lighting in the display or not, but the entire squirrel was a washed out yellow ochre color. So I pulled up other reference photos of the same type of squirrel and, sure enough, none of them was remotely the coloration of this one in the display case of the museum. So I’m using the photo for the pose, but playing around with the colors. The final result should be quite different than this preliminary lay in. Better, I hope.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Having trouble uploading. I hope this doesn’t come up twice on the forum.

As I said before when I tried to post this, I’m feeling frustrated at my inability to loosen up with my drawings, probably because of my shoulder issues. It’s impacting my sketchbook drawings and gouache studies. So I decided to take a couple of days off and work larger in an effort to loosen up. So here are some larger, (18 x 24), pages of gestures all done with a Sharpie.

Not counting these as challenge days so I’m still at day 90.

Will upload these as three separate posts as I’ve had trouble posting multiple images in the past and am having trouble posting a single image today.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s the next one.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s the last. Sorry for the poor image lighting.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Loving those gesture sketches! They are bursting with energy!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Vera. I appreciate your comments. These did feel looser and I had more fun with them. I’m hoping I can carry over the looseness to my smaller sketchbook drawings and my gouache studies.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 91. Would like to render some of my pen and ink sketches a little more carefully while still retaining the looseness. Not too successful with this but I’ll keep trying and see how it goes.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 92. Took the gouache from day 90 further. Still not finished, particularly the background.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Nice addition of the white in the paws and face. It made for a nice reinforcement the contrast with the shadows

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 348 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.