Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah i find the planes really hard from the front, i dont know mayb its a little easier from life ive never had the chance to draw a person from life but from photos the front i find really hard to work out the planes.

ok thank you joshua, i will do more sculpture studies in the coming days from all sorts of angles.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 12:

Rendered out the layin i drew last night of Carlotta, one of the models here on nma. i used charcoal which ive absolutely started to love using. done this one in my sketchbook. i felt like making a “pretty” drawing today so i spent about 4 hours in total on it.

anyway here it is 🙂

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful work! Watch your widths. They can tend to get too wide.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks joshua :). yeah i think i made the jaw a little too wide.  will be mindful of that in the future.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The rendering looks pretty good on this one and you’ve created an interesting effect with the light that surrounds her right edge of the face!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you ramona 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 13:

a couple of vilpuu planes studies from the 3d model on nma. actually quite enjoyed doing these. only got around to shading one though.

will probably do many more of these from all different angles and hopefully it will help in future drawings.

#

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 14:

was too busy today to get much done but still did a little bit.

a little study of john asaros planes of the head from the side and a 30 minute head study of the beautiful model vanna from the nma archives. im so going to do a finished piece of her at some stage.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

From day 13. Wow! Really impressive face plans, really helps me understanding how lights and shadows happen on a face! Could you recommend a course to look for this technique? Anyway, great progress, can’t wait to see where you’ll get in the end of the 100 days

Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey andre, thank you 🙂 amm check out the head drawing course here on nma start off with the begginner head drawing course theres multiple instructors but theres something to learn from each of them. also check out the 3d model of the planes of the head on nma aswell, thats the reference i used for those drawings.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15:

a few studies of the eye of david, using the 3d model here on nma. i really enjoyed doing these. 3 were done in charcoal on newsprint and one in ballpoint pen which ive never really done.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 16:

today i worked on my skull painting for a couple of hours…worked pretty much just on the spine and a few of the ribs. im pretty happy with how its going so far, although i dont think ill ever paint a spine again xD

here is where its at at the moment. still not finished though

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17:

finished off this drawing i started last night of a bust of hercules. was working from a 3d model i found online. im trying to get a better understanding of the forms of the head. so working from these casts is really helping with that.

this was done using charcoal pencils and some powder that i collect from sharpening them.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work! Try to group your shadow side more clearly. All the values are too close together which flattens out the whole drawing a bit. Keep it up!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.