Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks everyone for the kind words πŸ™‚

Lucero: for sure man. I find it super inspiring aswell seeing all the new posts here everyday.

Ramona: Nope i started by hatching straight in the background actually but then decided to go around the whole thing (thought it would look cool xD). also thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

Paul: Thanks dude πŸ™‚ yeah im on a bit of a mission man, really trying to push myself. and yes i’ve watched almost all the beginner head drawing series, love steve huston he seems like such a chill guy. i also really like glenn vilppu. its so awesome watching him draw.

Josseline: Thats what i’m hoping. and after i’m “comfortable” with the head its on to the figure xD

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Figure is so much fun. That the main thing I’m working on atm – Karl Gnass’ course. Loving it.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah its very fun alright, ive done a little bit in the past. but its hard in the beginning trying to get gesture right and foreshortening. but the challenge is fun. i just wanna learn it all xD

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5:

started this one last night. continued it today and will probably finish it tommorrow.

this one was inspired by Assasin’s creed odyssey, wich im playing at the moment. this is the main character “kassandra”. drawing from reference and taking my time with this one. i think ive spent about 3 hours so far. really trying to control my values by building them up through light hatching. really having fun with this one, i love the story in this game πŸ˜€

this is in my sketchbook using graphite

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice. Eyes are getting wide. Remember there should be 5 eyes across, one eye in between

Participant
    No badges. No points.

shit, they are too wide looking at it now actually. i must have lost the measurement somewhere along the way, cuz i spent sooo long on the lay in πŸ™ ah well ill take more care in the next drawing πŸ™‚

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Cool drawing. It’s important to have fun with our art! I like doing fantasy/scifi type drawings for that. I’ve not played any of the Assassin games. I use to play a lot many years back, hardly these days. I got Witcher the wild hunt a few months back. Have you played it?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you. the first three assassins creed games were good and then the quality definitely dropped abit but the latest two were really good again. oh yes ive played the witcher, amazing game, they were ahead of their time with that game. i did a painting of geralt actually for a friend whos a big witcher fan.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oooo, do share the painting, if you’re comfortable doing so.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6:

finished off “kassandra” this morning. im pretty pleased with the result. found it good to slow down the shading and build it up in layers of hatching. also used a technique called indenting for the hair which ive never done before, gives an interesting result.

anyway on to the next πŸ™‚

Participant
    No badges. No points.

and here is the witcher painting (not part of challenge) used a grid system when i painted this one. background was done with spraypaint πŸ™‚

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Dang this is good! I need to level up to paint like this. How long did this take you to paint? Is it acrylics? I think once you’ve got your portrait studies and techniques very down packed after this challenge or sometime after that, you maybe could go back into his face, make it feel even more dimensional. irises too a bit smaller. Just saying this because I love this. You should put this up on the open critique forum.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you πŸ™‚ i think i spent about a week on it. few hours each day. dont really know exactly how long. it is acrylics yes which i found really hard to get nice even blends but dont have the money for oils right now. i wont be able to go back into it as i actually no longer have it its hanging in my friends place haha, and yeah ive looked back at it scince i started getting more into portraiture and already saw a couple flaws. i will definitely be doing more paintings in the future. this was the first and only portrait ive ever painted. using the grid definitely helped xD. I will start blocking in a skull painting tomorrow got the canvas ready today

Participant
    No badges. No points.

The drawing came out real nicely. You put in a lot of work for this. Well done. Great job on slowing down and experimenting. I haven’t used hatching for shading before, just mostly one directional. I want to do studies sometime soon, but I’m focusing on doing coursework at the moment. Her right eye reads a bit bigger and looks like it’s sitting less in the socket compared to her left eye, least to me.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you πŸ™‚ yeah i dont know what it is about eyes but i just cant get em spot on. hopefully ill get them someday πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.