Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 59:

charcoal on toned paper

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 58:

couple of gestures from yesterday morning and finally the restrictions were lifted so i got out and away to the beach yesterday and did a little bit of drawing there.

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Lucas, I also wanted to say that your gesture poses are awesome. I think we should do them more often and do not hesitate to do a primary gesture sketch before going into details… You put a lot of energy into your challenge and I am sure it will pay. Btw, your portrait are also very good!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you Elena 🙂 appreciate the kind word….i completely agree with you on the gestures, should be done everyday in my opinion. i wasnt doing them at the start of this challenge but now i cant stop, i find them super fun to draw…almost preffer it to going into details tbh xD

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 60:

more gestures for today some done with the fountain pen and some with colouring pencil…spent a bit longer on the colouring pencil ones trying to figure out some of the forms

Participant
    No badges. No points.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Lucas. You’re continuing to work hard and it shows. Gestures improving and the portrait above is not only looking better but it looks like you’re feeling more confident. Confidence really adds something to a drawing or painting. Keep it up!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks paul 🙂 yeah im really having fun drawing gestures….i find theyre a good break from portraits which can be really frustrating sometimes tbh xD

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 61:

some head construction/ anatomy diagrams that i drew along with a video on youtube.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Lucas,

I think you are on the right track. Especially when looking/comparing your portrait from day 59 to your head construction from today. Your portrait overall looks pretty good but if it lacks something I think it’s more structure. So I imagine if you continue to practise your structure and anatomy knowledge you could really elevate your work to the next level!

Keep it up!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks chris :D. yes that is the plan ill continue to work on structure…i just find it hard sometimes to incorporate that into getting a likeness…but i think ill figure it out with practice

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 62:

just a small head drawing with the fountain pen and waterbrush for today

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice Lucas. I’ve been doing ink washes too. I’m enjoying them a lot.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks paul 🙂 yeah theyre super fun…i really love the fountain pen im so happy i invested in one

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 63:

did some eye structure studies today

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.