Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 53:

just some quick figure drawings today nothing special. messing around with colouring pencil

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 54:

added another head drawing on this page today

Participant
    No badges. No points.

also some gestures from today

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 55:

just some gestures for today

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 56:

worked on some box form drawings today.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Very cool Lucas! Looks like doing gestures is really getting you energized! I think it’s so amazing how that works. Just when I’m feeling stale and a little discouraged, I’ll try doing something different and sometimes it just seems to sweep out all the debris in my mind and I’m excited and motivated again. I get that feel from looking at your thread. Especially what you posted on June 1st. Good job!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks paul :D, yeah for sure i was getting a little bit tired of just heads every single day and tbh came close to not drawing at all..its definitely better to have variety!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 57:

the fountain pen i ordered came in the post yesterday. so spent yesterday tryin it out and getting a feel for it…i must say its challenging but alot of fun!! also using a waterbrush like Mr. Vilppu does

Ian Coltman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Lucas… I like the experimentation in different media! I want to get a good fountain pen myself. What pen did you get, and do you like it?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey Ian, i got a LAMY safari…cost around 70 AUD for a gift box with a bottle of ink, some cartridges and an ink converter and i must say its very nice i really like it…definitely recommend one with an ink converter!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great work! It would be great if you could light your drawings better in these photos.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks Joshua 🙂 yes ill see what i can do…i know when i do the collages it drops in quality a bit because i got the free version xD

Ian Coltman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the info!

I’ve heard good things about that one. There are so many different kinds and nib styles that it is kinda overwhelming to choose the right one!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

no worries dude 😀 yeah i know i was in the same boat and i just went for that one and its really good.. i got a medium and extra fine nib. only ordered the extra fine because i thought the medium would be a bit wide but its actually quite nice. i think the medium nib is about 0.5mm

Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 58&59:

looks like day 58 never uploaded so ill include it in this one. did these sketches while at the beach.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.