Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’s 100 day challenge : all things portraiture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Laura EspinosaLaura Espinosa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good job Lucas!

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks Laura 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 9:

did a little more work on the painting and a bit of head sketching here are the sketches

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 10:

was not in the mood for anything serious today. so heres a doodle page.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The structure of the nose and forehead on the male portrait are really convincingly drawn, good job!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work. Be careful with the blurriness in these photos though, it can make it harder for us to see. Try not drawing the mouth as lines around each lip but thinking of it as a big round structure instead. The same with the eyes. Maybe forget the lids, lips, and nostrils for now and try to focus on just the big sculptural masses. I think that will help.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks ramona appreciate the kind words.

thanks joshua. i will give that a try. when u say big round structure are u talking about the barrel of the mouth as like an orange cut in half kind of form? and yeah the eyes are killing me man i try think of the as a ball and wrap the lid around but i just cant seem to put to paper what im thinking. just ends up looking crap every time

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Trying to find the planes is tough, I find it difficult myself.  getting all your anatomical knowledge solidly cemented in part helps with this, but also more and more concerted practice and improvement of your observational skills. And yay for the cubes and ellipses! They really help your drawing in the long term.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah im finding it pretty hard to do. i find it easier in 3/4 view than any other view. yeah i used to do way more of that in my old sketchbook haha

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11: back to being a little bit more serious today. working in the sketchbook again. most of these are from imagination just trying to imagine the forms and practising proportions.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

the smaller ones are from imagination and the big one was from chris legaspi’s course. just decided to do a tiny amount of shading.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

and heres a layin im currently working on and i think i might render this one out. im pretty happy with where its going.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah 3/4 is what most artists like – it’s the most informative in regards to seeing most of the head and face, and the planes. great imaginative work. Showing that you are  understanding your concepts.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yes I mean the big forms. It’s more important that you practice placing those correctly than any details. It’s tough but it will get easier with practice!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.