Kelsey’s 100 Day Challenge: Foundations

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Kelsey’s 100 Day Challenge: Foundations

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 51:

Figure drawing today. The red are 1 to 5 minute poses and the blue range from 15 seconds to 45 seconds (maybe a minute-long was in there somewhere).

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 52:

I’m glad I took my sketchbook when I went out today. On my way home I walked through a park and saw this cool statue, so I parked myself on a nearby bench and drew it. I wish his nose wasn’t broken off so I could see if it was more humanesque or lion-ish.

I took a picture so I can fix up some details and watercolour it later. Sketching at the park was so much fun!

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 53:

Worked on the lion monk some today, but not finished yet. Also did a few touches and called it good on the pumpkin piece.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 53 Part 2:

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 54:

Working on the Asaro head. This is version number two, after getting the proportions way off on the first one and just needing to start fresh. I am starting to work over the initial sketch and correct proportions.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 55:

Short session today. Made some corrections and additions to the planes and rewatched the related Instructor demo. Something seems off about the nose but I can’t put my finger on it. Too wide?

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 56:

A little bit more work done and several more corrections.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 57:

Completed (or is it?) the Asaro planes head today. I darkened some of the shadows along the cranium and under the face after taking this photo.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/767602/wybc8blej5rq7khjsf20p9hnegmgqthj.jpg

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 58:

I’m on holiday so I worked on this while riding a train. Need to deal with some details and background.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 59:

I have very limited internet right now so I will post a catch-up of this week’s work when I get home next week. This was from the 21st, and it’s a quick sketch after going through more of the perspective course.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 60:

Found a spot with free wifi so I’m uploading another day from last week. Hopefully I will have WIFI again by Monday to post the rest.

From the 22nd or 23rd… a watercolour of a leaf I found on a walk. I tried being very relaxed and playful with it to try and ‘loosen up’.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 61:

From the 24th: finished the monk-lion!

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 62:

From the 25th. I was asked to do a watercolour of someone’s dog, so I did a few sketches to start practicing. Here’s one page of it. I really want to do the animal anatomy course. I plan to do more of the Russian Academic and start some of the constructive head drawing first, though.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 63: 

I don’t want my messages to be flagged as spam, so I’ll just post the work from the 26th and then do more catch-up posting later.

So I visited this great conservatory/botanic garden in Glasgow and it had some amazing statues. Lots of interesting poses to sketch. The strangest (funniest?) included a very anatomical man and a monkey, both with sad-worried faces. His legs were so skinny.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 63, cont’d:

Other neat statues…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.