Kelsey’s 100 Day Challenge: Foundations

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Kelsey’s 100 Day Challenge: Foundations

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 79:

More skull time!

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 80:

Some practice drawing on a tablet. It involved a bit of blending, textures and practice with layers. I lost the highlights when I added texture, so that’s something to do differently in the future.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 81:

Spent all day doing meetings and lectures so my brain couldn’t handle working from yet another lecture. So I drew a ghost bat to celebrate the season.

I have a hard time with textures and complicated fabrics (bat wings). Didn’t realise it was going to be such a challenging thing to do! Reference photo by S J Bennett on Flickr.

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love that bat. How cool! 🙂

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Raven,

Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

Day 82 & 83:

Been working on this leaf in bits and pieces today and yesterday. I am not sure how to make it look like light shining through the leaf versus light bouncing off.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 84:

A bit more skull work today. Should be done with this tutorial tomorrow.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 85:

I finished this skull today.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Nice work!  Looks great.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Erik!

Day 86:

First digital figure sketch! About 40 minutes, though I realise I didn’t include the stand he’s leaning on. Whoops.

Haven’t quite figured out layers and deciding on colours, brushes, etc. Too many options!

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 87:

Short session today. Started drawing an oyster shell I kept from a dinner a while back. It’ll be largely greyscale so I can focus on line and shadow.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 88:

Tried an exercise that was recommended but hadn’t really practiced: drawing subjects while in motion. I went with simpler forms – Muppets! This was good for making me put down lines quickly. No pausing or rewinding. I was done when the scene changed.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 89:

Started the watercolour for the oyster. It looks like a mess but it will (hopefully) look a lot better over the next couple days.

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 90:

It’s starting to come together. I’ll need to figure out how to separate shadows from saturation (or not?).

Kelsey Wood (Bezaire)
    Participant
    No points.

Day 91:

Done? Might strengthen the ink outline a bit, and need to fix that mistake in the shadows (accidentally touched it while wet). I tried to make sure you could still get the gist of shadows on the shell. Hope that came across.

Mirian LindgrenMirian Lindgren
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice work 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.