100 Day Challenge: Heads and Faces-planes/structure/proportion

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day Challenge: Heads and Faces-planes/structure/proportion

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Haha thanks Tim! 🙏💯 gotta keep on keepin on!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 51: so I was looking through some of the drawabox lessons, and did some cylinder, box, ellipse exercises. Of course I did more exercises than what’s here but I didn’t want to post all of em. want to do more drawabox! Especially the section on object drawing, would do doubt help me in my endeavors much. So late tonight I had some fun attempting to draw fantastic artists, Steve Houston and others instagrams. That last one in the bottom right, I really just shouldn’t have done because it isn’t really purposeful at all, just tried to get anything down as quick as possible, was just trying to get one more done, it’s way too late,

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Gold star and tick

Tim

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nothing to add. Just admiring these latest figures (Nice Steve copy ya got there 😉 ).

Doing the object practice and being halfway through, how are you feeling when you draw figures? Are you looking at your first days? Any difference in how you approach them now?

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Haha thanks marcolino, I haven’t really looked back much, but I know this challenge has definitely helped me level up hugely! So that’s great. I think the object drawing has been very useful in new ways, right now it’s forcing me to learn perspective! But don’t know what effect it has on everything else. I would have to think for awhile on the question on approaching figures, I know my knowledge has certainly been increasing, and I’ve been doing new lessons of course, so the answer is probably for sure! But can’t really say how now at least lol.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by theokatzman45.
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 52: working on getting those boxes!! I’ve realized my convergence accuracy can be real bad, so I did some of the drawabox 350 challenge drawing lines to track the convergence, but didn’t take pictures of that, and didn’t do it on this page. So I’ll be working on my boxes in the warmup!! No figures today :(( but a few faces 😬 gotta get back at em. I’m going on a bit of a quick road trip starting tomorrow so I’ll be trying to get some drawing in! Hopefully there will be lots of life drawings!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 53: taking a few day trip In the Joshua tree National park! Lots of insane trees and rocks, many opportunities to draw these in the coming days, I plan to carry my sketchbook with me at all times!! But unfortunately I didn’t do much drawing, and I can’t say im proud of these showings. The figures at the end are just aaaaaaaaaa why, my mind is just too tired.

Sorry about the really bad picture quality, 😬 my shadow is covering half of them! *facepalm* im in a new place!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 54: ok, I don’t feel great at all not having drawn any figures or faces today, I feel bad since I’ve had quite a bit of time just hanging around the place here in Joshua tree that I could have spent a few minutes drawing some faces, but I was just too lazy!! And tired I suppose. Oh well, I’ll get back in it tomorrow! I’m going back.

but the day was certainly not without drawing and certainly not without thinking about drawing. But the results are just a bit disheartening, sloppy rocks, eh… We got to walk a desert trail and stop at a few places, and I had my sketchbook with me the whole time!! So I definitely got some drawing of insane rock formations and gnarly desert trees! There was so much fascinating stuff to draw along the trail, but we didn’t exactly take lots of time to stop and draw so I had to do some very quick gestural rocks and trees, which I think had some value, but the more presentable ones are here. Hopefully I’ve learned a great deal more on drawing rocks and trees!! It definitely  feels like I have! Just feels like I don’t have much great to show, but I was drawing, and trying to draw by visualization! Trying to really concentrate and see the gesture, corners, overlaps!!! The gesture in these massive rock formations are so cool, Joshua tree rocks are definitely worth the google haha. I don’t know WHY I never drew an ACTUAL Joshua tree though!!! They are such interesting trees, maybe I can get one tomorrow. Wow, sums it up about right haha, I’m sitting on the edge of a cliff with my sketchpad overlooking a breathtaking mountain range, but I decide to draw the small tree and rock over on my left LOL.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Mattias

A postcard from Joshua tree lovely I’ve been sketching next to the sea in Sourthern England today lovely weather

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by TimTim.
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Haha thanks Tim! And southern England by the sea sounds awesome!! Nice

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 55: drove back home today, unfortunately I was quite tired unproductive at home, so I didn’t start until pretty late. But starting is always the hardest part!! After that hopefully you can get in the zone.

this warmup page is just doodles from imagination, so there are certainly some big inaccuracies and messed up stuff here in the skulls 😬😬. Lol, I’ve got to practice way more from imagination.

but I checked out this amazing resource I’m sure your all familiar with- bodies in motion. Wow this is sooo great! Loved using this! What an absolutely fantastic resource!

but now that the vacations over I got to get back to work, and get learning!!

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Loving the figure work Mattias!  Can definitely feel the form and weight of your drawings

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks @AJ! That’s some of the main stuff I’m shooting for so it’s good to hear! I’ve been looking through animators on Instagram and I’ve been very inspired by the sheer amount of drawing and extremely alive and dynamic gesture throughout! Animation is sooo amazing, gotta learn the skills.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by theokatzman45.
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 56: lost track of time. Didn’t accomplish much, why is proper scheduling so hard!! Many of my issues could be solved with proper time management, I just have to get a plan down and do it! I did get to eavesdrop in on Marshall Vandruff’s Bridgman assignment crits tonight though, so that was great. Marshall is such a master teacher, I watch the draftsmen podcast every Tuesday! Haha. I totally got to learn from Bridgman. Many things to learn. I must do more learning tomorrow! More doing!!
    These first figures are a bit clearly wonky in a few bits. Especially the one on the right… the left leg should be foreshortened, the trunk isn’t placed clearly and isn’t right, and the torso is too long as a result. Anyway, we can try again tomorrow!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 57: pretty slow moving here. Could never really get in the zone. This first page is trying to follow along with Karl on the master studies, but I think it’s clear I was having a hard time being engaged haha, not paying the attention I should be. And the next drawings are from gestures on Karl’s Instagram, but they don’t exactly look it… that one on the left is on its way to the floor!! not my best. The figures didn’t make it too far along today no joke lol. But then for fun I switched tracks at the end and tried out some lions on a whim, it was an interesting new challenge!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.