100 Day Challenge: Heads and Faces-planes/structure/proportion

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day Challenge: Heads and Faces-planes/structure/proportion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22: started real late sadly, so I didn’t get much accomplished. I did do some figures/gestures but it didn’t go too well so I’ll just save em. And these faces are… Can’t say I’m happy with today’s result. Now these unfortunate heads will forever be the first thing you see of page 3. ;(

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23: couldn’t really get motivated to draw today, no good, so these are pretty halfhearted random attempts. I gotta get into a course or something to get some more focus.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24: something a bit new here, so this was fun. I don’t really know much about drapery, I started going through the clothed figure drawing course but didn’t finish, that one is mostly from live classes right? Mostly demonstrations, which a lot can be learned if you apply yourself of course, but I tend to stay more engaged with the more focused courses, not to knock the course, I want to get back into it. So my lack of understanding and practice in drapery shows pretty clearly. And not really super happy with the figures, not my best.

Blaise Leclerc
    Participant
    No points.

Excellent stuff here. Continue !

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Blaise! It means a lot!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25: I feel like today was really going great. Drew for a long time! I’m trying to work on my abilities in drawing from imagination, fun times! It’s real hard at first, but once you get going it gets better. Gotta get more used to getting out of the comfort zone, all of these are pretty safe. I did do some figures, but I was just messing around, didn’t turn out. Need to find the balance when doing imagination between making it up as I go, but still putting forth maximum thinking effort to make it work! Lol. I mean seriously  it hurts my brain to try and produce something somewhat thought out. But I guess it takes practice and training! And sorry about these pictures, jeez.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26: not lots of time today, so this isn’t as much as I would like but it will have to do. I can tell the faces are off, but I feel like the skulls are improving!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27: can’t say I’m super pleased with any of this, but I suppose I shouldn’t be too negative. These figures are following along with Karl Gnass again. Hopefully things will get better or at least more interesting tomorrow! I think a big noob mistake I tend to have is not paying enough attention to how the features track. Getting all zoned in on one area, things not lining up right as is seen here…

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28: a bit rough here, I was following along with Glenn Vilppu on the first page, so that was good. Really want to mix it up here soon. And be more focused on taking courses!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29: eh. This is all way too meh and flat. Arrgh!! Form! Wasn’t very focused I suppose. And yet another noob mistake, cutting off the legs! Fool! Fit the whole figure!

My photos are bad, sorry again. Really my room just dosent have very good light at all… it’s atmospheric I suppose lol. Maybe I could get some kind of light…

S
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Mattias, I really like your work, your heads and figures are all super expressive.

I can already see some progress in the proportions of your drawings, keep it up 🙂

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Simon, I appreciate it! This is the plan 🙏.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30! Yes!

Unfortunately I didn’t get nearly as much time or quality in today as I should have, some things came up… Dang, it’s a Sunday, I gotta make it count! Oh well, here’s some warmup gestures, these are pretty darn rough *dramatic sigh*. While a low pressure warmup is good, I’m just getting careless, relying too much on a likely faulty muscle memory. I really need to be putting more effort and concentration into all my figures. My goodness am I even thinking? Am I just throwing out random crap? At least bring them to a little further stage. At LEAST complete them! What even is that sorry excuse to the left! These sloppy Incomplete gestures are becoming a bad habit!!!! My goodness… I gotta get my focus together!!

and then there’s some generic skulls. With their whole own set of issues… forgive the drama, the cracks are showing!!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31: Today was pretty productive so it’s going well. I really tried to work on these figures for a bit longer, so that’s good. 😉 I gotta watch the proportions of the limbs, they can get long.

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love those shapes for your figure gestures. Proportions seem fine to me. Nothing ‘off’. I know Steve says to err on the side of more dynamic, longer limbs rather than short ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.