Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks @ZHISU I know I’m very early in my artistic pursuits, thus getting mileage in is amongst the most important things I have to focus on. Yes they do! I had to do a LOT of them the other day for the Russian course. But really felt I got an even bettter handle of those forms after those assignments.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11  – I’m feeling pretty burned out. It’s reflecting in my work I think. I decided to take a break from painting, studying, assigments, sketching, everything. I just quickly put this watercolour sketch idea down. Given I’ve done most days of the challenge 1+ more pages than what I had set myself (2 pages daily) I think it is ohk for this day to leave it at that. (I posted day 10 prior to creating this post but because it has a few photos, it will take a while till it uploads,. You all will be able to see it shortly once it’s up 🙂 )

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

cool little watercolour pic 🙂 that was literally me yesterday xD did not feel like drawing at all haha

Participant
    No badges. No points.

So today, April 19th marks one year since I started learning how to paint and wanting to pursue learning about the craft of art in general.  Happy with my efforts, but plenty plenty more work to be done. It’s a pretty special thing for me, so I wanted to share this post with you all, for those who may be interested 🙂 it sums the progress across the year for my painting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_JTZBPnwHb/?igshid=is6r40pkum4s

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lucas – Thanks 🙂 I know right? I don’t think it’s because we don’t actually want to draw, just our brains are a bit fatigued due to how much work we’re doing. But doing some kind of art everyday is essential to ingrain long term persistence!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah i think it was the painting that burned me out a bit, but still did a little bit of drawing just not very serious ones xD. gave u a follow on insta. and yes persistence is the key

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Your entries look great! I particularly liked where you got with those duck studies, the shapes are working and the shades in the duck head by the corner do give a nice volume to it!

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Seeing your progress within the last year is really inspiring, keep up the good work!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

So cool! I think all of us are feeling a bit burnt out. Personally the last three days I have not wanted to draw. Keep it up though!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 10 – Fountain pen – timed gesture session. I still need to figure out how I want to approach these. The way I do these for studies doesn’t work so well for timed sessions. Doing them in pen is difficult for me.

Graphite and stabilo point 88 fineliner – a few quick sketches I did whilst at the hospital. It felt strange drawing in that kind of enviroment, made me feel uncomfortable, I think the drawings show that, but it helped during those brief moments to take my mind off things by drawing.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lucas – painting is so wonderful but it does take a lot out of you. So many things to think about! Thanks, and likewise. Your lorikeet profile pic is SO sweet. I get lots of them in my area. During summer many of them hang on my balcony 🙂

@andregirao-tauffer thank you! Those were spontaneous studies – I will be doing more in the near future. I needed to fill another page in my sketchbook, so I grabbed a photo I had on my phone and drew from that. I love bird so that is probably why they came out ohk.

@Ramona – thanks so much! It was a good year. This year will be much more training focused.

@JoshuaJacobo – thanks! and I appreciate hearing that. The background inner critic wants to make you feel bad for being fatigued. Feeling better now – I still did my art but had two days off from study – that helped 🙂 Thanks for the encouragement.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah they are beautiful birds and full of character. used to get them too when i lived in melbourne 🙂 dont have them in tassie though

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have been doing my daily challenge work, but a bit behind on the uploading on here. Here’s day 12 graphite – getting my cubing and ellipting on

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13 – I’m wanting to do some oil portrait sketches in the coming weeks, so I am going to get some head study practice in to help with the painting. Very out of practice. I want to focus more on head construction – I’ll mostly stick to using the Reilly abstraction and planes, and some of Charles Hu’s content.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14 – two weeks into the challenge!  graphite: Some duck studies and quick budgies sketches 🙂 I’d love to paint birds in the future, so learning how to draw them is the first step

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.