Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone 🙂

So pumped for these upcoming 100 days!

I have the tendency to over commit myself,  so for this challenge, I want to do the opposite. I want to set a realistic and reasonable goal.

I will complete 2 pages in my sketchbook a day. This can include anything, it won’t set any specific subject matter, style, medium, size to reduce any potential barriers that may arise.

Won’t lie, a wee bit scared to share this, as my sketchbook work is often terribly messy, or boring, but nothing beats hard accountability and importance to push you beyond your discomfort.

Anyway, here’s my first 2 page sketches. I used Faber castell Pitt artist pens – the Indian ink brush types to do some Michael Turner (comic artist) studies and inspired drawings. Looking foward to seeing everyone’s work. Onwards and upwards!

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey Joseline,

These sketches look cool as, nice and loose looking. they just look like u had fun doing them and that’s awesome.

looking forward to seeing more. This challenge will be fun 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Lucas 🙂

Yeah most of all I like my sketchbook to be a place of pure fun and letting go. I tighten up way too much when it comes to studies and more finished works, so I generally focus on sketchbooks as a place of freedom and exploration.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work! Do you ever use Copics?

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Josseline,

Nice start! I didn’t see your challenge before I put mine up. Cool that they’re similar. It’ll be nice to see how we progress on getting into using our sketchbooks consistently.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

I like your sketches. Looking forward to see more.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Josseline,

A quick question. Like Eden, I’m having trouble posting my images. Mine aren’t showing up either. I simply “replied” to my initial post and added images. Do you know if this is the correct way to do it?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joshua – thanks. Only once for a portrait sketch but it could be fun to use some during this challenge.

Paul – No I actually started it after but it is neat to have more than one person doing the same 🙂 I’ve been talking with another member here on a different thread I made about organising drawing practice. She mentioned she just focuses on finishing a 100pg sketchbook every three months. So I though it would be a good idea for me to set myself a sketchbook challenge to help with making daily drawing a habit. I set two pages, as last year an illustration podcast suggested completing 6-7 100pg sketchbooks a year for beginners, which I never stuck with. This is my concerted effort to get this done this year!

Birgith – thank you 🙂 Some days I do more fun sketches, others it’s jotting ideas, others it’s pure doodling.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2- Graphite. Thumbnailing abstract ideas, line and basic shapes, and some duck studies.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2- Graphite. Thumbnailing abstract ideas, line and basic shapes, and some duck studies.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Paul – had difficulties uploading my images today too. I found that I had to post one image per comment as trying to post two in the same didn’t work.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are looking awesome Josseline! Can’t wait to see more!

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Looking good Josseline! You’re really thinking about the form.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Zach – Thanks 🙂 To be honest, I feel incredibly self-conscious with posting these, but it’ll serve well for accountability to post these, regardless of how they look.

Lucero – Thank you 🙂 Yeah I’m trying to focus on this moving forward. I’m better at observation as that’s all I’ve really had experience with when it comes to drawing. Time to up my drawing skills!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.