Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Josseline’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbooking

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Paul – Cheers. I like exploring these in my sketchbooks so that I can keep my other work and studies more direct and focused on what the purpose of the exercise is, and not add many more things to think about.

Lucero – haha, right? I guess we don’t see the thousands of drawings they did prior to give them the ability to draw more freely. I think I need to remind myself this to allow myself to slow down to improve my proficiency. Thanks! Feeling real good already drawing it in every day. Prior I’d draw about 3 days a week, at most four, scattered across.

Birgith – thank you. I will share some of the gesture drawings I’ve been doing outside of my sketchbook here sometime.

Eden – Drawing from imagination is what I struggle with most – by far. I really want to make that a priority during this challenge. I started art with painting, funnily enough. I did it as mental health therapy and came to see that I really enjoyed painting, so I started doing a couple tutorials online and learning gabout painting. Came to realise I had to learn how to draw to improve my painting. It comes more naturally to me in general, I feel more free so there’s less hesitation. I tighten up a lot when I draw. This year I’m going to heavily focus on upgrading my drawing skills, painting will mostly be for learning purposes.

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I agree with joshua . try slow it down a little bit. Ive found it really helps personally. i try my best to really think everything through before i make my next mark. but that doesen’t always happen hahaha. its good that ur trying different mediums too. im gonna have to give pen a go sometime aswell. good to see u putting in time everyday keep it goin 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lucas – Yeah I definitely will. I tend to default on speed in my sketchbook, so will in part involve untraining that habit. Haha yes, same here. The more we practice the more it will become ingrained to do it. Yeah I love using different mediums. I enjoy the variety. My brain thrives off novelty, so it’s a way to provide it that. I tend to do the same with all my drawing practices, so I’m trying to implement more focus in my studies. Sketchbook I allow myself to have more fun. And likewise!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5 (Apologies if this ends up being a repeat post – posted initially 9 hours ago, not uploaded up)

Fountain pen – I spent most of the day doing figure work for Gnass’ course, so I wanted to do some imaginative gesture drawings. A couple of imaginative heads too, as an usual, line and basic forms. On scrap paper but I did these during my sketchbooking time so I’m counting it for the challenge.

Faber Castell Pitt artist brush pen – After spending the whole day thinking cerebrally, I felt I needed to unwind at night. I wanted to do something fun and less cognitively loaded. These Michael Turner comic drawings hit the spot. I really enjoy using brush pens. They feel like painting with a pen, which suits my painterly temperament. I’ll remember to use these type of drawings and mediums on days that I’m feeling more flat, to help keep some playful aspects to my art practices.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Cool work. For the shoulder straps don’t end them like T shapes. Wrap them around the body. 👍🏼

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@JoshuaJacobo Got it. Thanks Joshua

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

You’re making me want to go back to Michael Turner’s art now too lol. The brush pens are nice. You getting into inking?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Eden Won’t apologise if that’s the case, haha. Would be so cool to see you doing some actually! Yeah I love them. Not too much for now – just these brush pens and fountain pen.

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

You know, what? Maybe I will!! If I do, I will post them in the sketchbook section. I haven’t looked at his art for a while. I loved Witchblade so much! Did you ever see the live action TV show they made of it? Seems like we have a lot in common.

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

nice 🙂 i really like the screaming dude. looks like a barbarian or something

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Lucas. He’s part of an underwater race, from a Comic series called Fathom by Michael Turner.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love the guy with scream. I say Ahhh when I see it. nice work.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Eden Yeah you absolutely should! I’d love to see your Witchblad work 🙂 No I haven’t – recommend? Yeah it does 🙂 other common interests may arise during our long road ahead on here 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

99999999z or Chopin man, haha. Thanks! I had fun drawing him. I felt that way at the end of a long day studying and drawing gesture so I thought it would be perfect to draw those feelings.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6 – Stabilo point 88 fineliner, fountain pen, graphite pencil. Various studies from painter Hugh Ramsay’s sketchbook. 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.