[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 15: developing these figures more.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your poses are beautiful, maybe these aren’t the right words but they feel very powerful/meaningful, kind of biblical/god-like. It’s like watching a young “old” master develop his drawings!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Amazing poses! I wouldn’t know how to critique these amazing drawings but I would like to leave a suggestion. Since your drawing from imagination, I think it could be a bit more challenging to add reflective surfaces close to these poses such as mirrors, metals or ponds. It would be interesting to see the poses develop through those different angles and maybe even distortions

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 16: I really want to push the illusion today that my imagination figures are real. Last night I did some figure drawing from reference and I made notes. What is it that makes something seem believable and why can’t those ideas be applied for imaginative drawing. Here is my attempt at it tonight.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Zach, thanks for saying so. Those guys are my heroes and if I can do something half as good at their worst drawing, I’ll die happy.

Andre, that’s a great idea. Maybe I could introduce multiple light sources as well. I know James Gurney will do that kind of thing in his imaginative illustrations.

The mirrors would be tough. I’d have to bust out some real perspective.🤔

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Some thoughts about where to take this before I sleep. The female figure leans against a rock. Perhaps one of those gnarled twisting trees that can grow through solid rock can burst out of the stone and come towards the viewer before turning away. I could use this to modify the overall shape of the group. Maybe a fourth figure can stand on the rock or at least have one leg on it. This figure would be above the horizon line. Maybe we see him from below as he grips onto the tree with one steadying hand and with the other reacts to the chaos unfolding. Like a fight spectator. The two men point towards the shining beloved figure not yet drawn but the reclining figure does not see her. This figure on the rock can similarly not see. So there are two who witness, one enthusiastically the other while torn between worlds and two who are blind, both out of obsession with the unfolding dramatics.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 17: Moving figures around , drawing re drawing…

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 18: I’m considering draping this character upon whom the main figure leans…

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

yeah i think that would look cool. maybe have it flowing behind the main figure as if it was being blown by the wind?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yeah, that would be cool. First I’m working out the figure:

Day 19:

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Absolutely killing it

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Absolutely love this!

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is coming along beautifully!

Paula BPaula B
    Participant
    No points.

Awesome lighting! 😀

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The lighting is incredible in the last one! Really love how the darker part flows between the two figures, but yet one can sense a dramatic tension that sets the characters clearly apart. The gestures really tell a story, I’m amazed!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.