[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you. Not sure how I feel about those digital paintings but they are posted so I will just keep working!

Day 86:

I decided to introduce a new curve which is a sagittal cross-section aligning with the center of the eye. This gives me a lot of useful things such as orbit construction and defining the area lateral to the mouth. Not sure if this will work well in perspective until I try it.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 87: working a bit more on the skeletal structure

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 88: I’m working out some of the anatomy to see how the construction should be adjusted.

Drawer12345
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is a good idea of practice. The structure looks good to me 👍

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 89: here are the adjusted curves based on the anatomy study.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua. This is looking really good. It’s readable and is clearly working – your portraits are great. I’m able to start working on this concept now, but before I do, I want to ask whether I can use what you’re doing as a ‘textbook’, or if you’d rather I don’t. I take IP very seriously, so have no issue with you saying no. One thing I’m having difficulty with at this point is exactly where on the X axis to put the corners of the eyes and particularly the near eye in a 3/4 view. I can measure it off a photo and get it right, but that’s not my goal. I still don’t understand it firmly in 3D space and that’s a problem. It’s bugging me and doing this exercise will help.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 90: I’ve built this head around my profile construction. This is a proof of concept of a sort for the new more complex curves.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Here is my construction overlaid over the drawing.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Deborah, of course you’re free to study these images.

There’s a lot of information on why I’m putting certain landmarks where, etc that’s not in the images I’m sharing. All of that would be what a NMA course or book would explain.

So yes, by all means, experiment on your own, but until I have something finished and available for students I don’t want to get into the specifics or teach it.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s fair enough. Thank you for your generosity 🙂.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 91: Experimenting with color.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 92: I’m going to try a profile construction of a woman’s head as a contrast to my last one:

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 93: I’m drawing a woman’s head into this construction. Work in progress. I’m trying to use this as way to find differences and mistakes in my first construction, which actually has been working

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 94:

New head. I will clean up and post the construction tomorrow!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

FYI, I will be spending a few days in a cabin in the forest. Supposedly I will have connection but I am not able to post for a few days, just know I’m alive!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.