[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

During the crisis we have all been working from home but I’ve also tried to work on the 1/4 scale model for my monumental sculpture piece called The Creator.

In the evenings I often sketch or do critiques for artists on the community. Lately I’ve been thinking about doing more drawing from imagination, so here is my challenge.

I will do at least one drawing or sketch from imagination each day either on paper or digitally and share my progress here.

Stay tuned for my first update. 👍🏼

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think that’s a good, very reasonable and realistic goal. That is something I learned from Steve Huston in his sketchbook course. Not to over commit yourself when starting, but to set daily drawing goals that are realistic – 5mins a day to start he said. I think especially when you’re already juggling a number of things, this is important.

Looking forward to seeing your drawings.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 1. I sketched this scene in Procreate. It took several sketches to get to this point where at least there is a bit of clarity, but the idea is that there are these figures in a sort of in a pit or ditch at the side of a winding road. The travelers cover their faces and avoid the distractions. Tomorrow I will either take this further or abandon it and start another drawing. Let’s see!

Josseline, yes let’s see what happens! Are you going to do this challenge as well?

Ramona HornungRamona Hornung
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Doing something from imagination daily is perfect, think of all the possibilities our brains can explore and unlock.  I’m so itchy to participate , but this month I can barely spare an hour a day to watch/ rewatch lectures. 😕

great challenge !

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Romona. Maybe setting a goal that is less time intensive?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love the story-telling feel this gives and the figures in the ditch. Do you draw your ideas for your imaginative sketches generally from any particular places/sources? I’ve been thinking I may try journal imagery from my dreams and create something from those.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 2: I worked on one of these figures today. I’m not sure what he needs to look like exactly but I thought I would try something as a start. Tomorrow I may do the figure next to him.

Josseline said

“Do you draw your ideas for your imaginative sketches generally from any particular places/sources? I’ve been thinking I may try journal imagery from my dreams and create something from those.”

For these I just start drawing. In this case it was two figures (in the ditch) at first then I started placing figures around them looking down on them and the idea developed a bit from there.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ahk interesting. thanks for sharing

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Impressing  that you can draw this without having a model. I hope I will be able to draw and paint correctly from my imagination some time.  I have noticed there are several drawing courses at NMA with focus on the human body. I plan to follow most of these, hoping to improve my skills.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice working from imagination. I don’t do that nearly enough. I have a tendency to work form photos or life almost all the time. Now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t incorporate this into my challenge.

Thanks for helping me think outside my comfort zone.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

I like the story here. Reminds me of the Good Samaritan. It’s got a cool Inferno feel to it too.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Joshua,

I see you’re a forum administrator. I can’t seem to post any images. I’ve sent an email to NMA but no answer. Do you have any idea why no images are going up? I noticed that Eden is having trouble too. Frustrating. I really wanted to get into this.

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

this composition looks interesting. I’d love to see it fleshed out more. I think it would make an awesome painting to be honest .

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Paul, what happens when you try?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 3: I’m experimenting with adding a second figure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.