[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Birgith, I think it’s a useful skill to practice. I have done it as long as I have drawn. It’s obviously tough, but I recommend you start.

Paul, do it! Every time I draw from imagination it takes me out of my comfort zone. I tell my students to draw 1/3 from life -/3 from the masters and 1/3 from imagination.

Lucas & Lucero, thanks. I have only dabbled with painting. My main focus is sculpture but I agree that it would be fun to take this further.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

The introduction of the second figure changes a lot. It makes it more about this decision about what to do. I dig it.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thanks.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Exciting. Look forward to the next step.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like the addition.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 4: I’ve blocked in the closest lying figure. Not sure how the edge of the ditch should look or how that should obscure his figure. Also want to think about whether this figure is dead and if so for how long. How can I show it…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Here’s a slightly more presentable crop of the figure I worked on today that I posted to Instagram.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

This is looking good. I really like the darks and the graphic shapes.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

For some reason your last image didn’t show when I left my last comment. That was directed at the two standing figures.

The last one of the reclining figure is really nice too. Good gesture and indications of planes on the body. If this is from imagination it’s very impressive.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Awesome work! I love this format of building on top of one image, we’re watching a plot unfold. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

I look forward to see the continuation of this story. A corona crisis illustration?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Paul, yes this is completely from imagination. That’s the challenging part and where I hope to grow the most from this challenge.

Zach, thank you.

Birgith, I’m sort of developing it without a strong concept in mind but yes, there’s certainly some COVID-19 there.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 5: I spent some time trying to work out two of the other figures in the pit. I want to keep experimenting with these two tomorrow.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Here’s the whole piece for context.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Enjoying watching this develop. A learning experience onto itself. Do you have an overall value design in mind at the moment or will you develop it as the drawing does?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.