[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

i love the flow in your figures.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you. A lot of that I learned from Glenn Vilppu. 🙏🏼

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really enjoy your style. It has this feathery ,translucent feel to it.

CeciliaVedbergCeciliaVedberg
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really enjoy this figure. Hope I will get this far some day. The eyes of the figure get me to think of Pontormo…

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thanks. Yes it reminds me of Pontormo too. Lately I’ve been blocking in eyes as just a ball in a simple skeletal socket to help me with imagining the angle in 3d and that feels a lot like how he did eyes.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It’s really interesting to see the how the different early stages and layers of the figure merge together to convey a specific feeling, it already seems pretty emotive to me!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 13: spent most of today working on my sculpture. I took a break from that and worked on this drawing. Adding another figure, obviously just a rough idea so far, that is pulling him down.

Laura EspinosaLaura Espinosa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Awesome drawing!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yeah i thought there was a big influence by glenn vilpuu alright. awesome man i really enjoy that style

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I first taught myself to draw by copying the Old Masters. In particular I bought this corpus of Michelangelo’s work at Casa Buonorotti in Florence and copied all of the drawings (not the architecture ones). I did similar things with Rubens and other masters. I also taught myself anatomy. After this I started studying with Glenn Vilppu privately at his home in Acton and we along with his wife Eleanor became dear friends. He mentored me for years and even now, every time we are together I show him my work and he is generous with his feedback. Glenn and I planned and built Vilppu Academy (me mainly in an advisory role) and Glenn was instrumental in the development of New Masters Academy. I’ve had other mentors and teachers over the years, Mark Westermoe and Steve Huston to name just a couple but Glenn has probably had the biggest impact on me.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

thats awesome man. uve definitely put in the time and had great teachers it definitely shows.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 14: I decided to take this composition in a somewhat different direction. When I am developing my artistic ideas in private I do this all the time. There are so many false starts, abandoned ideas, and just weird drawings in my sketchbooks. But during this challenge at least I am forcing myself to pay a bit more attention to these and maybe develop something interesting.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow, then drawing bodies from imagination might come really easy for you! These figures look amazing! Do you think a lot about anatomy when doing that or by now do you already kind of know how things should go by heart?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Andre. I have spent many years studying anatomy and I do think of it when I draw but you’re right that a lot of starts to become intuitive over time.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.