[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Wow, what amazing drawings! I am excited to see you sculpt some maquettes!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hey guys. Took a day off from posting out of respect for BLM.

I will resume today.

Assuming my procreate files retain their history, at the end of this challenging I may edit together a video with voiceover sort of as an instruction/inspirational postmortem.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 57: worked out a simple armature to hold the maquette in place and I’m slowly building it up. I’m trying to establish a level of detail and approach that I can replicate for all other figures.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 58: worked ahead today added the arms, head and breasts and then realize that the way I configured the pose wasn’t going to work. So I stripped the wax adjusted the pose and I’m modeling the upper body over ahead.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Sketched a bit from my wax model

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 59: worked more on the wax model. Did another sketch from the same model. I’m trying to develop more facility moving between 2D and 3D. The goal is still to block out my entire scene.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Here’s another figure from the scene. I may start blocking him out in wax tomorrow as well.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 60: More development of the wax. Another sketch from it.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 61: more sculpting more sketching

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very inspiring, Joshua!!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 62: tried to really push myself on this one. Head for the previous figure from imagination

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

really like that head drawing!!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 63: I did some more work on this figure.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 64: Trying something different with the pose

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Joshua. Again, so inspiring and helpful to see how you go about creating a picture and working out the figures, composition lighting etc. A while back I seconded someone’s suggestion that you compile all these images into a video. I’m thinking now that you should really put all of these together in a book. This would be so useful to artists at all levels. I’ve been around a lot of really good artists and I absolutely love looking through books on different artist’s approaches to their work, but I’ve never seen anything like this. I really think it would be incredibly useful and absolutely unique, at least in my experience, in studying art and artistic methods. Of course an accompanying video would be cool too!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.