Bryan’s 100 Day Mixed Media Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Bryan’s 100 Day Mixed Media Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25. A bit more work on this one. 

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26. More work today. 

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Really nice work 🙂. I’m glad you’re happy with the new crayons. It would be interesting to combine the water soluble and non ws – it gives you a greater variety of textures to work with. There seems to be a lot of options for what they can do, so I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun with them.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Deborah 🙂 I still plan on adding some water to the background on this one, so I’ll see how it goes.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27. Just a quick master study tonight using Crayola of Thomas Jefferson as an old man. I forgot who painted the original. I went a bit too heavy on the red in the cheeks. 

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Bryan. This is looking good. I don’t think the cheek colour matters – it fits into your style. I like the expression on his face – he looks thoughtful 🙂.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Bryan,

I really like your self portrait and I do think, looking at your recent portraits, that you definitely improved if it’s about facial structure.

I also think that you slowly begin to see all the mileage and experimentation with colors and different mediums paying of. I do agree with Deborah that you start to develope a style.

Great work 👍👋

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Deborah and Christopher. I haven’t had as much time recently to devote to art, but I’ve been trying to improve my observational skills as much as possible throughout each day regarding faces, shapes, and colors. I’m going to try to catch up with some new works this weekend.  Thanks for the encouragement 🙂.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28. Here is a quick self portrait sketch using just a grey Crayola crayon with no pencil drawing. Not perfect, but hopefully not terribly off. This is actually a pretty fun way to work. 

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29. Same sketch colored in. 

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Bryan. I like the way you’re able to take the same subject (yourself in this case) and see the colours a little differently each time. You sound busy. I hope the new job’s going well 🙂.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Deborah. Yes, my new job is going well. I’ve just been too mentally tired at night to put in the effort I need to improve. Hopefully, I’ll have more time this weekend to really focus on art.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30. Here is a drawing for a self portrait in profile. 

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31. Self Portrait in profile with color. Trying for some dramatic lighting with Crayola. 

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32. Finally used water on my crayon portrait. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.