Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

After a photograph by Gertrude Käsebier.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

From a photo by Sebastião Salgado.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is from a portrait of Clarence H White by Steichen.

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/608796/7xkm1fjq8zm1tr4odj9jgsx463zjfm58.jpeg</span>

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I tried to draw Neil Gayman.
    Yesterday, I uploaded #53 but it’s not here. I don’t know what happened or if they are going to upload it later, as with #49, which has been uploaded twice.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your drawings are very impressive! You handle so many different mediums well and you really capture individual characteristics. I especially like the last two posts. You seem to be drawing solids instead of lines which really emphasizes the structure. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much, Jan. Your message is very encouraging and kind. I am not feeling very motivated now so it’s been really nice to read your message. 🙂🙏🏼
    Myriam

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Quick sketch of this British guy who teaches English on the internet. He has a YouTube channel/website called “I swear English”.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/616420/3jpq8x7eiisid90ichqxdu2ny0tfuamr.jpeg

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is my dad, but he doesn’t like it.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve just uploaded #57 but something has happened. It went to the Dark side. 🤷🏻‍♀️

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great work Myriam! Love 44 and 51.  Those two have a Mucha aesthetic to them

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, AJ! Very kind!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Myriam,

If possible could you light your drawings better when photographing them? It can be hard to appreciate the tones without the photos being dialed in.

I’d like to see more modeling of the interior (not out contours) of the form. I think you’re taking the Notan idea far but you need to now focus more on the Chiaroscuro side of it. So clear light and shadow side. Clear terminator/core shadow. Reflected light optional.

More drawings like that will help!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Joshua! Thanks so much. I needed some clear direction. 🙂 I’ll try what you say in the following drawings, from #59 on. Hope you tell me what you think!
    (I thought I was lighting well the drawings, 😐 sorry)

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#57, again.

This is what I uploaded yesterday. It’s not finished, but anyway… its a rather quick sketch of this guy, I don’t know why I chose him.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.