Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

I like the rim light on the right side of the face and the clear planes that you have established.  I’d like to see a hint of the neck and clavicles to attach the head to a body.  I’m a little confused about the lighting on the left side of her face.  Seems like there should be a cast shadow next to her hair line as the light source is coming from the left.  Nice job!

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think this is the third time I send this drawing. Some problem uploading it.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is me with my camera. Charcoal.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Erik! You are right! The hair is awful. And you forgot the lips, so weird. I see so many wrong things in my drawings after uploading them. I think it’s like with writing, you have to let it aside for a couple of days… then you go back to it and you are able to see it more clearly and you are able to correct… more or less, because it will be surely wrong again. 😅

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everybody, this is my drawing for today: Erwin Schrödinger.
    Graphite pencils.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I drew Gregori Perelman today.
    He rejected several very important prizes for his contributions to geometry and his revolutionary insights. One of them was the first Clay Millennium Prize for resolution of the Poincaré conjecture, it was some sort of Nobel prize of mathematics, one million dollars. But he declined it too. “I’m not interested in money or fame; I don’t want to be on display like an animal in a zoo”, he said once.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Einstein.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#90!

Max Planck. Yesterday I bought this carpenter pencil, bicolor, blue-red. And now I understand why it’s so cheap… I couldn’t get dark tones no matter how strong I pressed the pencil.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve discovered  oil painting is quite easy and quick if you use only two or three colors. It’s like drawing.  Not so intimidating any more. You can erase what you want whenever you want, etc… Here I’ve used blue, black and white.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Today I tried the Bargue plates. Not a head but almost 🙂

Andres CabanosAndres Cabanos
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks like a head to me. 😄

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Inspired by Alberto Varanda.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Nice.  I saw that one on his instagram feed a while ago and did one myself. I knew I recognized it.  Since that time, I have done some Alphonse Mucha studies, which this is inspired from.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Erik! Yes, I love Mucha too.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

With a red color pencil.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.