Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Myriam’s 100 Days; portrait, heads

Viewing 8 posts - 181 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    lizzomaticlizzomatic
    Participant
    No points.

It’s difficult to capture art with a camera. I feel like even, neutral colored lighting is key. I used to have a room in my old house with windows on three sides that had white curtains. I used it as a studio and a place to take pictures because the light was soft and there were never any shadows. I moved and all the lighting configurations I can muster cast weird shadows or I can’t get the color right. Like, even the tooth of paper casts weird shadows. I’m looking for a better lighting setup so I can paint in color at night and take good photos…but haven’t found it yet. I like this drawing a lot…her features are really well designed…the thumbnail photo drew me in, her face is so sweet and kind looking.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Christopher! 🙂

Your impression is correct, I never wait, I draw quickly and upload quickly.

Thanks so much for your message, it’s been very helpful in so many ways. Sometimes I wonder why I draw if I will never reach the level I want. Some other times, I’m ashamed of having thought that. My daughter just came in a few minutes ago and told me : Are you sure you enjoy drawing? I said, Yes, why? “Because you are always complaining about how badly you do it”.
    I will miss your messages! I’m sad too.
    Maybe I start a new challenge, but not right away as I am quite angry with myself because of the last drawings. I am not very happy with them.  It’s like going backwards.
    Thank you and I hope we keep in touch!
    Myriam

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#100 🎉🎈🥳

For my last drawing, I’ve chosen Samuel Menashe, an underrated poet. Someone said about his poems:  he “can compress an attitude to life that has an immense history into three lines.” He died some years ago. I recommend you to read about him, not just his poems but about his life.

Pity us
    Beside the sea
    On the sands
    So briefly

I didn’t struggled with this drawing as with yesterday’s. I don’t know why is it but sometimes I simply can’t do it.

Thank you for all the comments with advices which has helped me a lot.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Wow! Congrats on 100. There has been great improvement throughout your challenge.

To clarify what I was saying earlier the head appeared too long in the front to back dimension (z-axis,depth, anterioposteriorly)

I hope you keep drawing and keep sharing your progress with us!

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua! I will. Thank you so much.
    By the way, something bad must have happened to my 100 days challenge badge.  Is it lost? 😅

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Myriam,

I’m sorry for being late but congratulations! As I said in my last post I definitely think you improved, so try to keep the joy/fun and just keep going 👍👋

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Christopher! I’ll try. Maybe some day I even develop a style of my own! 🤞🏼 Keep going you too and have fun. This is mainly about fun.

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi @joshuajacobo !  It’s not so important, just a little tiny virtual “medal“ for posting 100 drawings in this website, but it’s a mistery for me why I didn’t get mine. 👉🏼🤔

Viewing 8 posts - 181 through 188 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.