Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    AbhiAbhi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love it, I like the cross hatching style and you have very nice tone and shading control to your drawings.

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks @Abhi always working on improving tones and control.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Really let myself go during the start of Summer. Good thing I got rid of this clump of hair before it 150 degrees where I live and fires almost killed us off.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Haha. So technically I completed the’100 Day Challenge’ on June 30 without knowing about it initially. XD

That does it for this sketchbook. Will share the next one. Much the same: portraits, writing, Steve Huston exercises. I’ll make sure to share more of that actually! Keep Safe y’all!

srsanyal
    Participant
    No points.

Lovely sketches, truly inspiring for others !

Like the flow of lines,rythms..so much of life and energy  with so minimalistic marks!

srsanyal
    Participant
    No points.

I just keep coming back to see your gesture figure drawings….also like the cross hatching works. Want to see more and more  of your work.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello

For the next few days I’ll be sharing from my Summer sketchbook, dated July 2-Spet 29. Here, I spent my practice on Steve Huston’s Arm & Hand chapter. Believe it or not, my first time EVER really learning how to draw them! my initial ones come from a book called ‘Caravaggio And His Followers’. If you wanna study hands, learn from him! VERY VERY expressive and so much story-telling/emotion. And of course from your own!

Live figure drawing (with restrictions!) began starting up. I went to a few that were doing it outside. Fun! By this time, the pandemic was making its rounds, people were growing restless, tension was in the air, and businesses slowly started opening around Memorial Day. I myself was wanting to explore the outside world again.

Then shit blew up…

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@srsanyal Hey hey! Thanks so much for the words. Appreciate you coming back. 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Handz and note copies from Steve’s book.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Cabezas

nick.lagrownick.lagrow
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hand studies look great! After spending so much time on them lately, it’s cool to see how clear the structure can be without needing a ton of rendering.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@nick.lagrow Thanks man! Yeah, Steve always stresses structure so I keep it with no rendering, though a few have it. Eventually I’ll move on to rendering the forms properly. Practice practice!

And a Fourth of July portrait. A very loud night.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

More Carvaggio hand/arm breakdowns. Actually, the book only has a few pages on him. The rest are pages of different countries in Europe that followed the influence of him. Spain/Naples (Ribera, Velazquez, Luca Giordano), Manfrediana Methodus (Bartolomeo Manfredi, Simon Vouet <3), The Utrecht School, etc. All have equally amazing work to study from.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Last page for the Caravaggio breakdowns. I did a bunch more, but only showing a selected few. After this, I moved on to a general Old Masters book. Also dropping a self-portrait. Actually a personal favorite of mine. Cheers, enjoy the weekend!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yo! Happy Monday. Here’s a set of breakdowns from various old artists from Europe. It’s from a book called ‘Eye for the Sensual’; collection of paintings and sculptures from the Resnick Collection. Throwing a final self-portrait from end of July too. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.