Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi New Masters Academy people!
    My good buddy Andres (who has an AMAZING 100 Day thread) suggested I come here and show some art.
    I’ll be sharing pages from various sketchbooks I’ve done since December of last year to now. A lot of it is general life drawing, figure drawing from sessions, practice pages, etc.

Andres was nice enough to let me borrow his copy of Steve Huston’s Figure Drawing book last year. I read it throughout the Summer and began its exercises at the start of December. I’ve been working through it since. I’m currently in the Arms/Hands chapter.

Hope everyone is keeping safe!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

The following pages are from two sketchbooks done in mid-December to January. Gestures from a few workshops ’round town.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

More live warm-ups from various sessions.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Aaaaaaaand finishing off with some general life drawing from a weekly group I’m part of. Well, they meet online now since you can’t have gatherings anymore.

Second pic is a drunk self-portrait in a bar restroom. People were still out and about, no masks during this time in December. Both sketchbooks were small so mainly filled with journal entries, gestures from workshops, and the occasional guerilla life drawing.

Cheers!

Mirian LindgrenMirian Lindgren
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I loved the drawings!

Dominique DèveDominique Dève
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

👍🏻

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Mirian and Don. 🙂

Pablo AguilarPablo Aguilar
    Participant
    No points.

These are super cool. Did you do them with pen or charcoal?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hola Pablo, thanks.

The figure drawings are in pencil. The last two location ones are in pen.

S
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marcolino, great work, I really like your style.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Simon, haha don’t think I have a style, but thanks!

For this week I will be sharing pages from a sketchbook dated January 12-Feb 15. The sketchbook is almost exclusively figure drawings from a bunch of sessions I was going to for the month.

During this time, I began a class with Glenn Vilppu himself. It was a pleasure to talk to him, pick apart his brain, and have him show me a thing or two. I would bring Old Master books for him to look at. Despite studying him on my own, he still managed to make things clear and open my eyes to things I didn’t know before. I have a ton of pages from that class. I’ll share them next week.

Also, in this sketchbook, I began ‘Chapter 4-Perspective’ off of Steve Huston’s book. One of the more difficult chapters. So yeah, lots studying and live drawing. Here are a few warm-ups.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Mike Fladlien
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

outstanding.  i love the shading.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow this is very next level refined, the In all the more finished drawings the gesture only gets stronger! The live sketches of all the random people are so cool, really makes me want to try drawing from life more! And it must have been insane to talk to Glenn in person haha wow.

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for sharing your work. It’s great! Very energetic lines and a cool style.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.