Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Keeping it simple with these breakdowns. Aaaand some end of July portraits. Wore my mask inside since I had ventured outside to the city so stayed cautious. Practice safety everyone!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Some breakdown studies from the great Eugene Delacroix! An admirer of Rubens, lots of energy in his paintings. Figure below is from a live-session. A few places started opening and this particualr offered outdoor drawing. Small-ish drawing of about hour and a half. A favorite model of mine.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Another from that live-session and more Delacroix studies.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Of course arm studies can’t be done without learning a thing or two from Michelangelo himself. Decided to change up materials and also work with the waterbrush and wash for my portraits. Pretty fun! I don’t paint often and I liked how Glenn taught with the waterbrush. Should be a nice transition into full painting.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hands are hard. Various Old Master breakdowns from Hale’s ‘Master Class’ book. Another wash portrait lookin’ like some douche. Enjoy your weekend folks!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

This about does on my hand/arm studies for this sketchbook at least. These are from Hale’s ‘Drawing Lessons…’ book (Durer, Raphael). Below is some drawings from a live Summer figure session.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Another figure drawing and a self-portrait from the days when my town was burning. Much props to Chris Legaspi’s short video on head drawing on Post-Its. He focused on the big outer shape and this particular sketch was done before he uploaded that video. He stresses it enough that I decided to try my hand at it. 😉

Susan IzzardSusan Izzard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your work is so beautifully dynamic, full of gesture and movement. Inspirational and thank you for sharing.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Susan Izzard Hi Susan! Thanks! I’m glad you’re finding these inspirational. Hope you’re picking up a few things here and there. Cheers!

Long time no see! I just wrapped up a sketchbook last week. Due to personal matters, it took a bit longer. Continued on with my arm/hand studies. I’m currently studying Luca Giordano atm, once done with that I’ll be moving on to Steve Huston’s leg/foot chapter. Hands are hard! And a lot! This sketchbook is mainly that along with my daily self-portraits. Enjoy! Also, Happy New Year!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

These breakdowns are from Guido Reni. Also, here’s a Halloween portrait.

Susan IzzardSusan Izzard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your work is full of beautiful gesture and rhythm, thank you for commenting on my sketch book.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think a few of these are from Raphael himself.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Portrait from about a month ago.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oops forgot to post yesterday. Old Masters studies from Hale.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

More studies and a portrait with notes on painting. >_<

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.