Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful Marcolino very inspiring I’m just starting the drawing journey

Tim

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey @Tim Thanks! All the best on your journey! I have fond memories of my beginnings 🙂

Excuse lack of updates. Just realized I have to go through my next sketchbook. Here are a few gestures from the last one. A note on these: They’re actually from a YT vid of Charlotte Ambroise (?) for her performance on ‘A Chorus Line’. My gf introduced me to it. I was enamored with her dancing and would pause the vid and capture everything. An awesome exercise to do! Actually, a live session last November, we told our model to do 5, 10, 30 second poses. Quite fun! I’ll try and dig up some long-poses from last too. Only managed to do 2 this year because of the outbreak.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Marcolino

Brilliant  flow rythm gesture music   are these really small and fast and pen?

I feel the head and figure are the most demanding subject

I mainly practice with apples pots landscapes  only been drawing since July

Thanks for the update

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

nick.lagrownick.lagrow
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow! Happy to be one more voice saying these are incredible – they feel like good lessons themselves 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hola @Tim. Gracias for the observant words. If you’re talking about the sketches above you, then yes, they are small. They’re on a pad a lil less than 8.5×11 in. So each figure is around an inch or so maybe. Nothing grand. Yep, done fast, maybe 30 secs or a minute. I don’t recall timing myself for these. Just captured the essence of the video I was watching. Yep, all pen.

@nick.lagrow Wow thanks for that. Just here posting. But happy that you may be getting something out of them. Always great to learn from others. Liking your clean practice too! 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello. For the next batch I will be sharing pages from a pad started in the end of March right as we were all getting comfortable at home hoping the virus will vanish in 3 days and we can enjoy life again. With figure sessions cancelled, lockdown seeming to not end, I decided to just continue my self-study of Huston’s book. I tackled chapters 6-8 from Part 2 during this time. Part 1’s exercises were great, drawing over Old Masters with tracing paper. For the Part 2, it was pretty much the same, minus tracing paper, so I had to work freely with my own hand. So fun!

The only ‘life drawing’ I did was daily self-portraits. These are extremely personal. I was close to not sharing anything, but it’s all I have scattered about. It’s been weird looking at myself. Don’t know how much I got left to live so I figured these would be a nice record of the times we’re in. The figures are exercises ofOld Master breakdowns from ‘The Torso’ chapter. The sketchbook was finished July 2nd. Enjoy.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Some pages. Happy November!

AbhiAbhi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Outstanding, the proportions are wonderful and the shading is good, it is a nice style of yours.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The figures are beautiful!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Abhi Thank You Senor! @Ram Pranav Thanks man. Hope you can visualize the words I’ve been telling you of. 🙂

More figure breakdowns from Hale’s ‘Master Class in Figure Drawing’ book. Self-portrait off bathroom mirror and my phone during a video call. I cannot grow that big of a beard. It is the black of my mask.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Forgot to update this! Here are more Old Master figure breakdowns and self-portraits!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here’s another hoodie one! Since it’s cold and windy where I live today. Yay Autumn!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

A bit of a random one from May. I was out late at night, saw the time and was like “Oh shit! Gotta do my self-portrait!” It was a cloudy, full/bright moon, still dark, so I took out my phone and used that since I was nowhere near a mirror. It was a nice exercise in big shapes/silhouette and getting a likeness out of that. It helps that I wear glasses.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

A few pages left to share from this sketchbook. I may share more of the torso breakdowns/exercises in general going forward.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.