Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Marcolino’s Pandemic Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Mike and Raven, Thanks!

@Mattias, Yes! I LOVE on location drawing. I do my best to balance practice, figure sessions, and people watching. Always lots to learn. Go scope out your area and see if you can do some. Not sure how the lockdown is in your hometown currently. Wear a mask please!

Here are a few more warm-ups. I promise to show more longer ones tomorrow and on! Cheers.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Goodnight!

AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You’ve got a great rythm and gesture to your drawing. It is incredibly pleasing to look at your work!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Alchemical Thanks for the kind words Sir.

As promised, here are a few long-ish poses. These range from 5, 10, to 20 minutes. All from life.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello. Forgot to post these two yesterday. Derp. 😛

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Being already into Steve Huston’s Perspective chapter, I had already filled up a bunch of tracing pads based off his structure/gesture pages at some point of this sketchbook. Looking back at these pages, I can definitely feel his influence coming out. I had been under Glenn’s teaching years prior. It was nice going to a session and choosing a process from the toolbox.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Forgot to update for earlier today! Here ya go. Enjoy the weekend!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

A lil weekend update. Surprised I did two reclining poses in a month. Don’t see it often.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

More life drawing and a copy after Jan Fyt at the Norton Simon earlier this year. These conclude this sketchbook. I’ll be back with one started in February and ending with the pandemic outbreak.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow Marcolino, these are great drawings!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Ram.

For this week I’ll be sharing pages off a sketchbook dated February 15-March 30. A lot of live figure drawings and practice pages from Steve’s ‘Overview of Basic Forms’ chapter. I had finished Glenn’s class late February and the pandemic was making its way. In mid March, seeing that a bunch of sessions were cancelling and the world itself was shutting down, I was wondering how to substitute that with life drawing still. I figured I would keep track by doing daily self-portraits.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What a fantastic thread! You really capture the volume of the figures as well as the gesture. Your hatching technique is very effective. I would love to see more of your work. It’s great that you also take the time to comment on other’s work (including mine!). How inspiring that must have been to actually take a class from Glenn Vilppu!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hola @Jan, thanks for the kind words. No problem. Just sharing whatever knowledge I can to help. I’m just starting out too!

Yes! Very inspiring. I’ve been studying from his books for 4-5 years so it was killer to have things become clear in-person. Please, stick around. I have about 2 other sketchbooks to show from this year. 😉

Here are some warm-ups.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Same model. I can really see the training from Huston’s book showing through. Quite the battle to have two teachers educating you in a short span and picking and choosing a method of attack when I was at a session. Alright, bye everyone!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

A few more from this one + a self-portrait!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.