[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 29: I continued sketching out my new draft of this scene. It’s coming along but in the woman I think I need to get more dynamism in the torso but we will see what it looks like when I add both of the heads back in tomorrow. Then I suppose it might be time to go back to a tonal treatment.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice to see you also sometimes get to a point where you simply start over. I struggle with that, often thinking, “Geeze, I’ve put in a lot of time on this. Maybe I can save it”, when the best course is actually just a fresh start. Not that your earlier version looked like it needed a fresh start. It looked good to me! Nice of you to share your mental as well as physical process.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 30: designing the heads

fereshteh.pourkazemifereshteh.pourkazemi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Just amazing! Absolutely enjoying your work!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Paul, yes it’s hard for us to accept but what’s important is what you’re able to do again. The Old Masters often restarted or even abandoned projects. It still hurts though, haha.

At this point my plan it to redraw her upraised arm and finish drawing his right arm and pointing hand.

Then I’ll switch gears and think of it more as a painting again and try to nail the illusory elements.

Fereshteh, thank you!

l2.diamante
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very impressed with your work and progress

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 31: more work on the new heads.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 32:

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow! Those drawings are very dramatic!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 33: I’m considering bring these pieces together into one wide mural-like piece.

Eyliana
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh wow this is very cool! It’s amazing to see the progress of the piece!

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

great idea man i think you should definitely go for it. it looks awesome and its got such a gruesome feel to it, well to me anyway

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 34: i’m experimenting with the additional figures to the right of the center

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 35: more work on the new figures. It’s tough to add in new elements when so much has been resolved but I’m enjoying the challenge. Also I notice I’m giving myself harder poses as I progress.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice! Its certainly interesting for me to see how you apply certain techniques to build your figures (box and cylindrical forms etc). I had previously looked into Glenn Vilpu’s course here and I think i will get back to it where I left off and try to incorporate it with my other studies.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.