[COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Joshua’s 100 Day Challenge: 1 Daily Drawing from Imagination

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is coming along wonderfully Joshua! Looking back at your Day 33 view of the current whole, there is a beautiful flow through the whole composition. It’s great to be able to watch (and analyse, I hope you don’t mind 🙂) your process. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Deborah

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Shazad, yes it goes back to Rubens, Durer, Cambiaso and earlier.

Deborah, thank you. Of course. I’m glad if this can be of use.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 36: pure problem solving. To quote Monty python: My brain hurts.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Joshua, so nice watching your process roughing in the figures and designing the overall composition. Really appreciate your sharing your methods with us.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 37: working on her face

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Also thinking of upstaging my central group:

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 38: drawing, redrawing, moving figures around…

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Awesome work Joshua. When you do the initial box figures, do you have a system for measuring their proportions in space? How do you adjust for foreshortening and perspective?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 40: narrowing things down with the new figure

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Bryan, you need to know the proportions of the figure and and then you have to place them convincingly in perspective in space.

At the beginning you need to be more analytical. After years of practice I do this intuitively and then if something looks off I check my perspective and try to resolve it.

Drawing and art is general is problems on top of problems. You can’t solve all of them at once but through iteration you can proceed through a piece, correcting and tweaking as you go, layer by layer, version by version.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Joshua, again so interesting seeing your process. I like the twisting and stretching and seeing your attention to the muscles and structure.

It looks like you flop the images a lot as you work, (as in looking in a mirror). Something I really need to do more of. I have a tendency to only do this when I think something’s wrong and I can’t figure out what it is. It looks like you do this consistently as you work. Is that the case?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thanks. Yeah when working from imagination I think it’s a good idea to do this often because it’s so easy to draw things with major problems. It helps keep you fresh.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Day 41: Took a break from the big composition today to experiment a bit “drawing” from imagination in Zbrush. Basically I’m just doing a low relief here.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Cool! it looks like a Repoussé

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Watching your process here is so cool man and so inspiring :), im lookin forward to getting into figure drawing after this challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.