Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful work. Your hatching practice is definitely paying off! I noticed your comment that the lines seem to come out straighter if you just move the pencil and keep your hand still. I’m going to try that technique. My hatching feels so awkward!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Jan! Thank you!…Well, I am still figuring that pencil holding thing…I do try to kind of keep my wrist and rest of arm stationary and only move the palm part/above the wrist particularly for long lines. Small ones it does not matter really.

I love your foot! That was super complicated!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by CarolinaCarolina.
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 20/21…The Knight is also part of the Master Monday…not complete (up to 6 hours)….The Eyes are in progress….

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s incredible, Carolina! I’m in awe of your hatching!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Jan! Still very much a work in progress…this hatching.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 22/23/24…Finally finished. (One could take more time…but one has got to stop at some point). Cours De Dessin_No 68_ Bernard Romain Julien

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 25. Rendering Techniques_w/Chris Legaspi

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 26. Rendering Techniques_w/Chris Legaspi

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 27. Rendering Techniques_w/Chris Legaspi

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 28_Cours De Dessin_No 66_Bernard Romain Julien_Master Monday/100 Day Challenge_ IN PROGRESS_part 1 (This is at 6 hours. 4 more hours to go – have to do actual cross-hatching, finish the rest, may adjust things – like the fingers. This was a very weird drawing. The proportions were weird and the hands were weird. Using this as part of my 100 day challenge.)

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 29_Cours De Dessin_No 66_Bernard Romain Julien_Master Monday/100 Day Challenge_ Done.

This was 10 hours. I could go on…since there are things that need to be corrected in this..there are certain points that are too dark/more defined hatching in some areas but go really tired/grapes at the bottom – the proportion is not right – they kinda look more like ornaments/ other grapes light is not right on them….and there there is the hands…shading was challenging on them…

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You did a fabulous job as always! It seems like you made it more your own, too. It turned out beautifully. I would frame it! I’m finding it a challenge to balance constructing the drawing while trying to mimic such refined hatching. I start out with the best intentions, but I want to scribble and smudge, so I tighten up. I’m not even sure that I should be trying to “copy” in these exercises. I loved one of the posts about how you think your drawing is such a piece of perfection until you see the other drawings and realize everything that’s wrong with your own LOL. I’m still laughing, too, at your comment about how we all get roasted by Joshua! That was perfect!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 30. (missed one day, yesterday Sunday, continuing on..) Rendering Techniques_w/Chris Legaspi

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Jan, thank you! You did a beautiful job as well! There are so many fabulous art people participating in this! Today’s Master Monday with Joshua made me understand it more, that copying/not copying thing- start thinking 3 dimensionally/xyz axis/draw through. Drawing like Glenn leaves me confused…what he does is masterful but I find it hard to understand at times, like Joshua said. So, the 3Dimensional analogy hits home a bit better. One day, I would hope to combine the accuracy of academic drawing with the drawing from imagination. That was a funny statement from Muggoslav…Sometimes, when all goes well, I start thinking I am a mini version of Da Vinci and visualize angels playing on harps in my head but then I am quickly brought back to reality.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes, there is an astonishing amount of talent among the participants! I’m amazed, too, at how much I learn from Joshua’s lectures every week. The 3D analogy makes more sense to me as well even though I struggle to always apply the concepts, and I’m still reverting too often to copying lines instead of constructing with line in the master studies. Are you finding Chris Legaspi’s rendering class beneficial? I liked his teaching style in the portrait drawing course. The rendering class might be a good one for me to do…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.