Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 78 and 79_ Prerenaissance Bust Plaster Cast_Russian Ac Drg_Part 1 and 2 of many_In progress (did not take a picture of part 1)

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 80 and 81 and 82_Pre-renaissance Bust Plaster Cast_Russian Ac Drg_Part 3 and 4 and 5 of many_In progress. Will post in batches as not much change from one to the next and there will be around 12 parts to this.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 83 and 84_Pre-renaissance Bust Plaster Cast_Russian Ac Drg_Part 6 and 7 of many_In progress

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 85 and 86_Prerenaissance Bust Plaster Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_Part 8 and 9_ Done.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 87 and 88_Drapery – Diaper Fold_Russian Ac Dr_Part 1 and 2_Done

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 89 and 90_How to Draw a Portrait Russian Style_Russian Ac Drg_Part 1 and 2 of many_In progress

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 91_How to Draw a Portrait Russian Style_Russian Ac Drg_Part 3 of many_In progress. These final few days towards the finish line seem to be the hardest…can’t focus.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 92/93/94_How to Draw a Portrait Russian Style_Russian Ac Drw_Part 4 /5/6_Done

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 95/96/97_Portrait with Hands Project_Russian Ac Drg………had to re-do day 95, so day 96 is from scratch. IN progress.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 98_Portrait with Hands Project_Russian Ac Drg………. IN progress.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day  99_Portrait with Hands Project_Russian Ac Drg_Done. One more day! Finally!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 100! (Rendering Techniques with Chris Legaspi) FINALLLY!!!! Jan 23, 2021 to June 1, 2021.

I can’t believe I actually managed to stick to 100 days (not consecutively, I had days off). That I consider an accomplishment in itself. More importantly, I initially set out to draw better. In the course of the challenge, I challenged myself way beyond my comfort zones and learned an incredible deal, from concepts of light/shadow and various hatching techniques to even some anatomy. I drew things that I did not think I could. I ended up focusing a bulk of the course, (not intentionally), on the Russian Academic course which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also worked on Master Monday projects among other things. I will likely re-do a lot of the drawings to gauge my future progress. However, there are new courses coming up as well, which I think I need at this point…to spice things up with new flavors. To all still participating or yet to participate, cheering you on!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by CarolinaCarolina.
    JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations, Carolina, on an amazing 100 Day Challenge! I’ve followed your thread from the beginning. You are one of the artists on NMA who has inspired me the most. I’ve been so impressed (and a little envious LOL!) of how effortlessly you seem to master the goals you set. You set out to wow yourself, and I hope you succeeded. You certainly wowed me. Although it appears effortless, what you’ve accomplished takes tremendous dedication and diligence. Combined with your obvious talent, I know you will realize whatever future aspirations you have going forward!

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you so very much Jan for all your support! It was a tough challenge, many days where I did not feel like doing it, but I did wow myself, so to speak! lol. There is much more skill to acquire though. A never ending process really. But I am in it for the long haul.

I see you partook in the monthly challenge with yet another deep and heartfelt drawing. Congratulations to your son on achieving his desires/goals and for you capturing his enthusiasm and also the motivation/drive behind it. Hope to see you in the Master Anatomy course…or whenever your schedule allows!

Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.