Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carolina’s 100 Day Challenge: Drawing (Open)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 31. Rendering Techniques_Chris Legaspi. Got a bit smudgy.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

I am doing the Chris Legaspi Techniques for a few reasons. It takes a shorter amount of time to create as it is more sketchy and less detailed, especially for a 100 day challenge. Because it is sketchy it gets me out of my accurate/detailed approach and forces me to be more loose. It is also good to practice tones. Meanwhile, I am going through the Russian Course – the cadaver cast. I have two more lessons to go through and then I can finally start drawing it which will take me back to the more structural approach.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 32. Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_ Part 1 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 33. Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_ Part 2 of many

*Adjusted the lay-in/proportions *Included shadow  (Part 1 was the initial lay-in)

(4H,H,B)

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 34_Fialetti Odoardo_Eyes_Master Monday 100 Day Challenge (will be returning to Cadaver Cast after these eyes are done)

*My lines are uncertain. These eyes are deceptively not easy.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 35_Fialetti Odoardo_Eyes_Master Monday 100 Day Challenge (will be returning to Cadaver Cast after these eyes are done)…these difficult eyes…ahhh. Oh, took a day off yesterday…continuing on.

*added 4 more eyes.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 36_Fialetti Odoardo_Eyes_Master Monday 100 Day Challenge (will be returning to Cadaver Cast after these eyes are done). Last 5 ones. Done. One could practice these much much more but this is it for now.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Carolina! Beautiful work! Your eye studies look like the originals. Mine are not there yet but I’m working on it! Joshua’s Master Monday demonstration and lecture yesterday were enlightening as always. I tried following along with him which I found helpful, but I’m still fighting to break old habits. I learned to draw by scribbling to “find the form” and then smudging to make the drawing look 3D. I had to laugh that you are trying to be more sketchy and loosen up, and I’m trying to become more accurate with my line work! I do love this focus on traditional drawing and really hope he will put a course together.

Also, I appreciate your kind comment about my monthly challenge drawing. I responded on the final submission channel, but the channel is no longer there so I don’t know if you saw it. Papillons are known as butterfly dogs because of their distinctive ears, and their unique features almost make them look like a caricature. I really wanted to emphasize his unusual coat in the drawing, so I tried to “construct” with his fur and use it as a design element like the hair in the Julien Master Monday studies. I’m not sure how successful my attempt was, I found I was able to work through a lot of my grief doing the studies and I’m happy with the final result because it does look like him. I had been wanting to do Glen’s Animal Drawing series but wasn’t sure I was ready emotionally. I watched a couple of them as part of the challenge and now look forward to doing the rest. If only there was more time in life!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by JanJan.
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 37_Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_Part 3 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Jan! Thank you!  Looking forward to seeing your eye studies! Should he put the master monday studies course together, that will be a one to treasure, I think. And all of us that are participating are like little VIP’s at the moment, especially that we get to have our work critiqued. Speaking of following through form and construction…the monthly challenge will force the construction aspect. I am going to try to participate…since it will be highly beneficial, just hope I can get the 50 done. Regardless, this will be good practice.

Oh, I thought Papillon was your dog’s name! I learned something from this.  I never knew of such a breed name though I have seen the dog before. It was beautifully done, your challenge drawings, with a lot of sentiment and meaning behind it!

Time flies so fast these days, I find. I wake up. I blink. I go to sleep. There is much to discover and to work on especially if one has many interests and has the opportunity to pursue them. One could spend decades on just one of those interests.

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 38_Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_Part 4 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 39_Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_Part 5 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 40_Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing_In progress_Part 6 of many

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 41  – skipped two days on the weekend – continuing on –  this is also part of the monthly challenge

CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Day 42_Cadaver Cast_Russian Academic Drawing Approach_In progress_Part 7 of many

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.