Raven’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Raven’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Elya ZagelElya Zagel
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! 🙂

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20

Today I continued with the Beginning Head Drawing class. I only got a few hours of sleep, so unfortunately I had to keep rewinding back to the parts I had napped through. But then I went on to work on some anatomy studies. That kept me awake! I’ll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow. Now it’s time for the day job (quiet sob).

arms

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21

Made a little bit of progress today on the anatomy study and watched some really cool art videos on YouTube. Some artists whose work I’ve discovered: Amy Sherald, Kehinde Wiley, and Gerard Richter. I’d heard of Richter, but never studied his work. By contrast, I had seen the works of Wiley and Sherald, but never knew anything about them. Immersing myself more in art helps me to stay in my right brain, even during work (which is tedious and decidedly left-brained).

arms

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22

I finally finished this study. Time to look for my next drawing or painting challenge!

arms

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23

Just some 2 minute quick studies today in charcoal.

gesture1

gesture2

gesture3

gesture 4

gesture 5

gesture 6

gesture 7

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24

Today I did a few old masters type sketches. I love the old Renaissance style. So romantic and lovely!

sketches

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25+

My new program is going great. I want to check back in later and comment on what everyone here is doing. But, for now, I will share a few of the pieces I’ve done in the past 3 weeks:

owl

apples

landscape

still life

portrait

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26

Man, it’s been a long time! I’m having a ball painting every day and working on my skills and business acumen. This is the latest painting I’m working on. It’s mixed media and should probably take me one or two more sessions to be done. I’m glad to be posting here again!

landscape

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27

I finished the above spray paint mixed media painting and finished a few more. I’m working on developing my own style and process, so I’m trying a bunch of things in the meantime.

landscape

snake

portrait

horse

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28

I did some experimenting with abstract, which was fun. Before I started at New Masters, I was doing a lot of abstract. This is my first time revisiting them since! The first two use collage and mixed media; the second two are just mixed media.

abstract1

abstract2

abstract3

abstract4

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It’s great to see your latest work! I especially love the landscapes. They have a very “Fauvist” feel with the vivid colors. The self-portrait is quite beautiful too. That one really caught my eye since portraits have been my personal focus. I’ve been taking the Drawing the Head live summer class with Glenn Vilppu. It’s been amazing and I’ve learned so much. I really wanted to take the anatomy course with Joshua too, but I could only fit it the one course. There’s also an oil painting and a digital portrait live course as well. I wish I had endless time! It looks like you definitely fill your days! Keep up the awesome work!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Jan!

I know what you mean. I’ve been in another program, but I really miss the instruction here. So, I still sneak in a lesson when I can. Most of the lives take place when I’m working, but I try to listen to the videos when possible.  Right now I’m working on some leg anatomy drawings, which I’ll post when I’m done. I’ll have to check out your portrait work. I’m sure you’re a “new master” by now!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29

I realize I’m just too busy to post here regularly. But I still enjoy checking in. This week I’m working on anatomy as well as finishing up my mixed media projects for this week. I have a new coach that I start working with tomorrow. I was working with Ilya for a while, but he proved to be too busy for the communication to work well for me. I then got a second coach from the Milan Art Institute, but they changed their policy so that I would have had to pay for a year up front, which I wasn’t willing to do. Plus, she was an inexperienced artist (but very sweet).

I found my current coach through serendipity, and he’s awesome. So, I’m looking forward to another growth spurt!

anatomy

osun

landscape

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30

I met with my mentor today. He is going to have me focusing on the figure and composition. So I finished up my leg anatomy study and bought a new sketch book. He gave me a ton of exercises to do and wants me to do them in charcoal and graphite.

This leg study is one of the exercises in the Russian Academic Drawing class.

leg study

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31

This was my first day doing the anatomical gesture sketches I was given as homework. I’ve done 4 pages out of 20. Wax on, wax off… 🙂

gesture1

gesture2

gesture3

gesture4

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.