Raven’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Raven’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Elya ZagelElya Zagel
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Raven.
    Please, share with us the results of the intensive.
    Very interesting 🙂

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Elya,

Okay, I’ll be happy to! 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 9

Today I spent most of my allotted art time in ordering supplies and preparing my studio for the intensive, which starts in about 3 weeks. However, I did manage to polish off the eye portion of the features exercise and start the noses. As boring as some of these art exercises are, they really do help.

eyes

notes

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 10

Today I finished noses and mouths. So, I continued on with the Beginning Head Drawing class. I’m on the Reilly method now. I really like that the class is taught by 4 different teachers. That change in perspective with a new module and a new teacher makes me feel like the topic is well-covered.

Noses

mouths

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11

Still working on the Beginning Head Drawing class. The assignment is facial expressions. I’m going to do these in watercolor, just for fun. But these are the preparatory sketches in water-soluble graphite.

smiling

angry

pain

angry

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 12

Today I was able to get through two of the four facial expression/emotion exercises in the beginning head drawing class. I used pan gouache.

smiling

angry

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13

This is the 3rd of the 4 studies I’m doing on expressions in the Beginning Head Drawing class.  Even though it’s a drawing class, I decided to do the exercises in gouache because I’m transitioning into focusing on painting.

pain

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14

Today was the last of the Expression exercises. Tomorrow it’s on to head abstractions using the Reilly method. I spent my entire evening organizing my studio for my one year intensive. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but I’m ready.

anger

studio

Elya ZagelElya Zagel
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Raven hi.  I’m looking for a wooden tablet such as the one you have on your desk.  Where can I purchase it?
    Like your color sense very much!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Elya,

Thank you! You mean the drawing board on the table? I got that from Amazon.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15

Today I focused mostly on the videos. After that, I had only enough time to work on the Reilly method diagram and a 5 minute sketch.

Reilly head

sketch

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16

Today I just found a picture that I wanted to draw and did it. Then watched a little Beginning Head Drawing before work. So grateful that it’s Friday!!

portrait

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17

Today was mostly errand day. But I did spend a couple of hours taking class. I had to take a break from the Beginning Head Course. I did Bill Perkins’ composition course instead, which I’m really enjoying so far. Then I did a few 5- minute line drawings of random objects, which I also enjoy – I just wish I had more interesting things in my house. I would have gone outside to draw, but it was after 10 pm when I started!

line drawings

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18

For the next 2 weeks, I intend to focus mostly on the classes because when my new program starts, I’m not going to have as much time. Nevertheless, I started a study that will probably take me about 2 or 3 days to complete. This is just the start.

sketch

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19

Today I worked on my business plans, watched some of the Beginning Head class, and did some gesture drawing. It was a long but great day! I doubt that I will have time to stick with this 100-day challenge diligently like I did the first 100 day challenge because of my new program that starts in 2 weeks. But there are no police here, so I’ll just post sporadically after it starts. If I disappear, my Insta is @ravensfineart.ravenkushner if you want to stay in touch.

gesture1

gesture2

gesture3

gesture4

gesture5

gesture6

gesture7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.