Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Viewing 9 posts - 166 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congrats Raven, this is a fantastic achievement!

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Ram, you’re next! 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Mattias! It’s so encouraging when talented artists wish you well!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Hi! I love that you spend some days just in details like the mouth, eyes and ears. I’ll take some inspiration from you for my own challenge! Just started over

And congrats on finishing the challenge! So nice to observe your progress with the human figure!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi,  Andre,

Thank you so much! I’m wishing you the best of luck on your challenge!

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This quote by Salvador Dali made me think of you. Thank you for sharing your art and your insights!

“A true artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires others.”

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much, Jan. That’s so kind. You made my day!

Brittney BachBrittney Bach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey! You said your doing the Russian academic drawing? Did you come across the measuring lesson using the sticks? I need a lot of help with that!!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Brittney,

I usually just use one “needle” (usually a pencil or paint brush) to check angles. For example, if I’m drawing a face, I might check the angle of the jaw, holding my arm outstretched and lining my pencil up with the angle of the jaw, then quickly move my outstretched arm over to my paper and see how the angle I drew compares. I also rely on sight a lot because, if my drawing is much bigger or smaller than the reference, it’s more important that the drawing looks consistent with everything else on the page.

If I were you, I would just listen to Ilya’s lesson a few times and practice, then double check it with your eye. You’ll know if it looks right or not once you get the basic lay-in done. Even with the needles, sometimes I’ll have to change something if it just doesn’t look right.

Viewing 9 posts - 166 through 174 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.