Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good eyes ,  lots of structure

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Tim,

Thanks! It’s only the skeleton (so to speak), but I always find the lay-in to be the most challenging. Once that’s in, the rest is fun!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 95

I’m definitely starting to find the exercises tedious. But when I feel that way, I try to think of the Karate Kid (wax on, wax off, Danielson!). If you’re too young to get that reference, too bad! (j/k!)

This is the lay in for the next 4 eye casts. Same two sets of casts, but will have different lighting conditions.

eyes

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 96

I’m glad that I laid in all the eye casts before starting to finish any one of them. I’m curious to see how the rendered results will look when they’re side by side, whether I will capture the differences in the lighting patterns.

eyes

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 97

Today I finished off one set of eyes. Tomorrow I hope to finish the second set and then polish off the ears. Who knew such tiny body parts take so long to draw!

eyes

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

I haven’t been checking the forums for a while, but i thought I would look in today.  Wow! you have really improved during this challenge!!  I hope you are really pleased with your progress, you should be.  Nice work on the casts.  I hope you continue to post fairly regularly even if you don’t do another challenge.  I am interested to see your continued progress.  Cheers.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations, Raven, on completing your challenge! I agree with Erik that you made tremendous progress. It’s evident that you’re now working based on construction and that you are really understanding what you’re drawing, which is something that is really emphasized at NMA (and something that so much art instruction seems to be lacking!). I’ve learned so much personally from following your posts especially since we seemed to have similar aspirations. I, too, hope you’ll keep sharing your work. Awesome job on the cast drawings! They really show how much you’ve learned!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Raven,
    I started this challenge a long time ago but had to take a few months off due to some surgery so I’m catching up with people who’ve been doing the challenge while I’ve been gone. Congratulations on finishing this challenge! I really like what you’ve been doing. It’s awesome to see an abstract artist work on foundational skills. You’ve really grown as I look over all your work.
    Great job!
    I hope to finish my 100 day challenge this month and start another and go through without time off. You are an inspiration.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Erik, Jan, and Paul,

Thank you so much for checking in and for your encouragement! I definitely plan on remaining active.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 98

This is the last of the eyes. Tomorrow, I have the ears and then I’m done with this particular exercise. Phew! 🙂

eyes

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 99

Wow, surreal. One more day!

I’m working on the last of the exercises my coach gave me. The next month will include more re-doing of the Russian Academic cast exercises (wax on, wax off!). Here are some ears…

ears

more ears

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 100

Wow! I made it! For some reason, I feel partly sad and partly relieved. I’m so grateful for all I’ve learned during this journey. My skills have improved. But what I’m happiest about is that I am capable of so much more work and effort than I ever would have imagined. I feel so much closer to my goals than I did at the start. I have a long way to go, but I feel more confident now that I will get there. I’m also so grateful for the people I met along the way, like Jan, Tim, Ram, and so many others who are on this path with me. I’ll be back to share and give support. If you like, please follow me at @raintreeartgallery on Insta or check out my blog at ravensfineart.wordpress.com. Much love and respect to all!

ear 1

ear 2

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congrats, Raven! Looking forward to seeing where you’ll go from here! Your drive is an inspiration!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Vera! I really appreciate that.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

congrats raven!! great stuff, completing this challenge is such an awesome way to grow as an artist in all aspects!! A great achievement! your sheer patience and determination with these plaster drawings is super impressive!! I know I don’t have the patience for these kinds of drawings at least now haha, but your hard work has clearly paid off! the results are fantastic. 👌

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.