Paul’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge Sketchbook Part 2

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Paul’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge Sketchbook Part 2

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Been trying to post Day 19 image all day, but for some reason the image isn’t posting. Will try again tomorrow.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19

Been trying to post for over three days. Hoping they fix the upload issue(s). Been hoping to get into the challenge.

LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No points.

These  are really terrific, Paul, I hope you post more

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Okay, here goes again. Here’s day 19.
    Tried to post for a while with no luck. I eventually quit trying, then I got an email from NMA saying to give it another try, but I was in the process of moving and am just now able to try posting again. Hope this works.

Part of my second challenge is doing some anatomy studies. I decided to go back and look at some of the people I was told to study by instructors many years ago. I don’t think I really focused on these books at the time. I’ll try to do better this time.
    Here are some studies from Stephen Rogers Peck’s “Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist.”

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Hey Paul,

Well done for taking on that book!  I do like the look of it.  For my first anatomy book I chose our very own Steve Huston’s work which I can say is very nice indeed (of course!)

To answer your earlier question, I still haven’t resumed my art studies or commenced another 100-day challenge as the dust is still settling from my move – still many boxes around the place, to-do lists, tradespersons to call and so on.  The darker winter months should provide some quieter evenings though to get settled into a routine.

Keep up your good work – I will be following with great interest.

I like those symmetry torso studies – a great 3-d feel about them there.

Best wishes,
    David.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks David. What book by Steve Huston are you referring to? I have one book by him but am not aware of an anatomy book by him. If he’s written one I’d sure like to buy it.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here’s Day 20. A continuation of studies from Peck’s anatomy book.

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

It’s Figure Drawing for Artists: Making Every Mark Count or I see there is a French translation if you prefer that! Dessiner le corps humain: Une leçon de maître.  Ok, it doesn’t actually have anatomy in the title and it’s not really an anatomical study book per se, but it does have a lot of anatomical ideas in it.

Cheers,
    David.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks David,

I have that book, but I haven’t looked at it from an anatomical point of view, (probably because it doesn’t have “Anatomy” in the title!). After all these years I’m still too literal sometimes in what I use for instruction. I love how Steve teaches. I’m going to check it out this weekend from an anatomy perspective. Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.