Paul’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge Sketchbook Part 2

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Paul’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge Sketchbook Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 08

Been a bit under the weather the last few days. Just did some gestures in Procreate.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 09.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 10.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Finally home from an unexpected long trip to my daughter’s college. Made posting very difficult. Hope to get on track again.

Here’s Day 11. Want to get started on some anatomy studies.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 12

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Day 13.

As always, torn between using gouache loosely and quickly, (which is usually the way I’ve seen it used most effectively), and my natural tendency to render things and not stop while things have a fresh, loose feel.
    Lots of stuff that’s not good in the second gouache study, but I’m trying to stop from over rendering.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 14.

I’m continuing to try to loosen up. Very frustrating. I love tennis and haven’t been able to play tennis or swim since my shoulder surgery which is a big part of my stress and frustration. Been watching the US Open and REALLY appreciating the “pause” button on my remote.

Hanan Youssef
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow!!! Did you do all this without the mentorship?? If so 👏👏👏

Fabulous gesture! And great work ethic! It’s obvious you’ve put sweat into this, and it has PAID!

Amazing!!!!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Hanan. Not sure what you mean by mentorship. Is that something offered by NMA?

Appreciate your comments.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Day 15

Really been struggling. I’ve skipped days because I was embarrassed to post some of my efforts. I don’t think that’s the way to do this challenge, so I’m just going to post no matter how much I cringe. I am just not able to loosen up this time around and my  proportions and line quality are terrible. I’ll just keep trying and hope things come together a but more, hopefully soon.
    Tried working larger, (18″ x 24″), with Sharpie’s.

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Hi Paul,

It’s all relative you know: specifically if I was posting these ’embarrassing’ efforts I would be mightily proud of my work.  We are all students, standing on the shoulders of giants etc. The gesture sketches have life and lovely flowing forms.  I think you are right about posting no matter what.  It shows the progression.    I’m really enjoying your efforts – keep going!

As the French say: courage!

Best wishes,
    David.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks David. I think I’m just discouraged with my post surgery rehab. It’s limiting my movements and activities. Without aerobic exercise I find it difficult to get rid of the stress.
    Your encouragement really helps.

Have you decided to do another 100 day challenge? I think you should. You showed consistent improvement with your first one. Building on your previous success while it’s fresh in your mind seems like a great way to grow and develop good habits.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 16. Sharpie on newsprint 18 x 24.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 17

Again, Sharpie on newsprint. 18″ x 24″

Had some major furniture moving in my studio the last few days which made it very difficult to do much, so I got behind in the challenge and posting.
    Will have to do even more moving in a week or so.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Day 18

Sharpie on bond. 18″ x 24″

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.