JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 15. After Raphael.

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I really like that you’re focusing on the legs and feet. Hands and feet are extremely important and often ignored so I’m glad you’re devoting the time to them. What I want to recommend is to try to use fewer lines when drawing. It’s good practice to learn to commit to lines and as I always say, it’s easier to correct one line, than 4, 5 or 20. That’s not to say that being scratchy and sketchy isn’t an interesting stylistic choice sometimes, but I’m just saying that you shouldn’t let it become compulsive. I am attaching a draw-over focusing on some important anatomical and structural information to focus on moving forward. It might not exactly correspond to the orignal Raphael but if you look closely, you’ll see he has some version of the same stuff that I marked up.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you very much Iliya for these advices and encouragements. I will focus on less lines and commit to them, I can see I can take bad habits. And thank you for taking time for the draw-over, it’s very enlightening.

Bonne journée, à bientôt!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 16. I tried to use less lines as Iliya suggested. I can see I  still complicate things way too much, and I’ll work on simplifiying. As every day, I try to understand and pay attention to the landmarks. I can see I’m still strugling withmy proportions and my construction.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 17. I drew after the same photo reference than yesterday, and focused on simplifying my lines and the anatomical landmarks. I can see I lack gesture and still “overthink” (not to mention I still have to break trough the contruction and relationship beetween forms). But I still have a lot of pleasure studiying this topic!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

18. Today I drew from imagination, to see what I could do without reference. No rendering at all and I’m messy with my line control.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

19. From photo reference. I tried to minimise my lines and show the forms by shadows. I struggle a lot with my values, rendering and line quality. But I like to try to take care of it.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

20. I think I understand better the “bell shape”. I also try to better understand the bone construction.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

It’s already been three weeks in your challenge. Your drawings improved a lot already  and also after Iliya’s critic ; the lines are more clear and define which is great ! This topic (feet, legs) is pretty complicated and your doing a very good job at it. Amazing, keep it up ! 🙂

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you very much Natacha, et bonne réouverture de bars!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

21. The rendering is awfully inexistant, but I focused on simplification, clear landmarks and forms.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

22.  After a few studies, I drew from imagination. I could see that I had a proportion issue (drawing on the left) , So I drew again trying to fix it (drawing on the right).

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

23. Drawn after Michel Mauricella and my own anatomy studies.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

24. I continued drawing on the same sheet, still after Mauricella. I can see my proportins are not right. While drawing, I realise that I have a better undertstanding of the anatomy and structure of the leg and foot, and I have the feeling that this challenge starts to pay off.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.