JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Hi!

I decided to draw legs and feet because I didn’t know where to start, so why not from the ground? By choosing this topic, I expect to improve skills such as line quality, observation , values and proportions, and be able to apply what I learned to the other parts of the body. I don’t know yet if I should regulary change medium or if I’d better be consistent on one medium (I hope my english is mot too awful).

Bon courage everybody!

JP

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 1. From photo references .100 Day Legs and Feet-1

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 2. I strugled with rendering, shapes, proportions, among many things. I enjoyed looking for gesture.JP's100 Days Legs and Feet 2

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 3. I struggle with rendering and understanding transitions beetween forms.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Make me want to seriuosly improve my rendering and my undersatanding of values!

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think hands and feet are such a difficult topic, I try to avoid drawing them all the time!

I think you’re doing a good job so far! You said you want to improve your understanding of rendering, and I’m not familiar with this topic yet, but in theory, I thought Beginning Figure Drawing Part 3: Light & Shadow with Steve Huston was quite helpful! Maybe you have looked into this resource before, but if not, it might help you!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Ramona, and thank you for the advice!

I’m following Steve Huston’s course, and you’re right, it’s very helpful.

Bonne journée, à bientôt!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 4. A quick sketch for today. I think I like graphite 7b very much, even if I don’t master it at all yet. I think I begin to figure why I choose feet as a topic: I very much like the gesture of it, it’s a very living and moving form.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice. Just a tip the depth of the foot in generally 1/2 the height of the lower leg.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you for the tip! I’ll pay attention to that.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 5. I choose to use an Ink Pen so  I was committed to my choices. I lack clarity in the drawing (and many other things!), I’ll try to improve this, but I like it anyway.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 6. Every day I take one hour, no more, for this challenge. It makes me be comitted and not overthink or overdo. My rendering end background are awful!! Without talking about my feet themselves. Well, at least I still have a lot of work to do.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 6. Every day I take one hour, no more, for this challenge. It makes me be comitted and not overthink or overdo. My rendering end background are awful!! Without talking about my feet themselves. Well, at least I still have a lot of work to do.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

This is a great challenge. I’ve always struggled with drawing feet. I remember being shocked that I found them much more difficult than hands to draw. Particularly from behind with foreshortening, looking at the heel with the rest of the foot partially obstructed by it. Not sure why. It’s just always been tough for me to get the structure solidly in place. It’ll be helpful for me watching you get proficient at this. Maybe I’ll do some feet on my sketchbook challenge!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

I love the one on ink. I think it’s great for studies because you can’t erase a bum line, and you seem to have filtered those out good. Interesting that you have this focus for your challenge, do you plan to keep drawing feet and lower legs all the way to the 100th day, or you may vary? Just curiosity. Anyways, amazing job so far, looking forward to seeing your progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.